Surf w/ the Cousin- 07/13/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf w/ the Cousin- 07/13/13

Spent the night at my Uncle's beach home near Jamaica Beach. Woke up at 5 to find clean water and a flat surf. I also found my cousin awake with the fishing rods ready to go. Hopped into the surf at 6 to flipping mullet and schooling bait. Started with a topwater with only half hearted blow ups and one 16 inch trout to show for it. My cousin was using a hackberry and no hits. Once the sun popped up though, it was wide open. My cousin switched to her favorite spoon and quickly caught one 21 inch trout. Then a smack cut her line. I switched her over to a plumtruese bass assassin while I switched to a avocado assassin. Her first cast I heard the water explode and turned to see her rod bent and drag scream. It looked like a big trout so I coached her as she fought the fish back towards the beach. At the last breaker we finally saw the fish, a nice slot red. She finally beached the fish and it was her first slot ever! We ended up with 10 trout to boot!Click image for larger version

Name:	20130713_060102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	574423Click image for larger version

Name:	20130713_080840.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	574424
    Resident Ninja

nice!
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice morning! Great report jhua!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Surf w/ the Cousin- 07/13/13

Nice catch & report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job!! KUDDOS to your cousin.
          Nice report. Thanks. I will probably get down to the surf Sunday early/early AM.

T/L and Courtesy on the water

Comment

Way to go Jonathon sounds like yall a had a great time .I may call you soon for a trip this week.The kenner has been sitting too long.

Comment

Great Report!

Comment

Nice report and pics Jhua. WTG.

Comment

WTG J....Nice!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                  X