Got robbed in the surf today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got robbed in the surf today

Fished the surf this morning conditions where less than ideal. Surf was pretty sporty and the water was sandy green at best but I did manage to scratch out a few decent fish. Well I felt a pretty good tug on the stringer and had a 4 foot shark take both specks I had caught.

I guess Shark Week has all the sharks a little fiesty.

Tough luck. You catch some trout for dinner and a shark takes them for breakfast.

Comment

Tough luck . In my July 12 , 13 report I had a 3 footer take the tail off my trout in the bay . It seems we aren't the only ones struggling for fish .........sharks have to steal them .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

All my stolen fish have come from bay dolphins. Or what alot of guys refer to as long nosed porpoises. At least you got to go. I was bike riding in the rain with my girl. So much fun.

Comment

Re: Got robbed in the surf today

No joke I was out in front of aqua snake island one day and I turned around because the stringer of three Trout got heavy and each Trout had a 16 to 18 inch short on the end of its tail. they didn't mess much of the trout at all or scared me but I started taking the rod and whip them like bad kids.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

that's why I don't wear a stringer in the surf.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

X2 on that! I use a donut and let it drift about 20-30 feet behind me. Remember, never tie it to yourself!
              Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
              that's why I don't wear a stringer in the surf.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Re: Got robbed in the surf today

Keep the stringer very close to you...the sharks will see you and the stringer and vear away from the stringer. This is only a theory and yet to be proven. Please let me know your results should you decide to try it.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                  Keep the stringer very close to you...the sharks will see you and the stringer and vear away from the stringer. This is only a theory and yet to be proven. Please let me know your results should you decide to try it.

Comment

WHHAAATT ?
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I did hear jimmy west say at one of his seminars on east bay that the boliver pocket has ankle biter sharks and to just smack with your stringer to make them go away .

Comment

I slapped a 4 ft Hammer head with my rod at S L once! He didnt like that buggy whip on his Snout! What fun!
                        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I pushed a 3-4' with my fishing pole and it made it mad and it turned and came at me. I'll never do that again.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'm with you, Robalo. I'll trade whatever they want to save my own azz. Especially when I'm in waist deep water.

Comment

Working...
                            X