Blow Ups in the Dark Surf- 08/16/13 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow Ups in the Dark Surf- 08/16/13 Report

In the water at 5:40 to a flat surf that was pretty clear. The bubbles in the water shimmered like you were wading in a pool of diamonds. It took a bit to find the first raft of mullet but by 6, started getting blowups on the rattlin spook in the dark. Just twitch twitch BLWOOOSH. The difficulty is magnified since we couldn't really see anything until we got the fish right next to us. Once the sun popped up I had strung 3 trout that were right on the 23-24 inch mark. The 24 was pushing 7lbs. The other 24 and 23 were 6 and 4 respectively. Half an hour after the sun came up, the topwater bite tapered off, but the fish were still there. Switched to plumtruese bass assasins and finished up the limit. Done by 8ish out of the water at 9 with them still biting but tapering off even more. Hooked a 4 ft shark on a topwater which scared the $@%% out of me. Struggling fish and sharks don't mix. Lost one red on plastic as well. May go back out there this afternoon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130816_104238.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	574582
    Resident Ninja

That's very nice, Jonathan! WTG!

Comment

that's a nice mess of fish there

Comment

Excellent report! Those last two look like footballs!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          Excellent report! Those last two look like footballs!
          Those are wide receivers! Sent them on a long post pattern and they snagged the spook in stride.
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Quit dragging them fish through the sand, jhua. Makes for a better picture and I know you're young enough to throw them over your shoulder! Great catch!

Comment

Wow! Great job!

Comment

Nice Haul. Sounds like a great time!
                TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Effn awsome !
                  FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

nice! I caught about 15 trout in SS this morning, but not any big ones. didn't get there until 8. all caught on cocahoes. the guys soaking bait were cachtn the bigger ones. should have been there earlier. will be there tomorrow at dawn!
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Excellent outing !! No pictures !? Thanks for the informative descriptive read .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Duh , sorry , my i- phone didn't download the picture immediately . Nice fish !
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Super job! Nice fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice FAT trout Jonathan. Thanks for the great report!
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Awesome J.
                              I saw a picture on a surf cam late yesterday and it looked sweet. Biggest 2 fish are thick.
                              Glad that Shark didn't have a breakfast feast on your stringer.

Comment

Working...
                              X