Surfside 8/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfside 8/16

Bear with me. First time using tapatalk. See how it goes. Well Ryan and I made it down about 6:15. I hit a couple trout and a pompano on a pink SS Jr. Few missed blowups but they weren't very aggressive for us on top. I got out the water because I was gonna go fish Christmas Bay but about 100 yards from where I was I drove down to see how Ryan was doing. He had 3 solid trout. I put my fish on ice and hopped back in. There was nervous bait everywhere with the occasional blowup. Clouds started rolling in. As soon as I got in I got hooked up. That was my story. I had a new mirrodine that had dull hooks. My catch to bite ratio was very low but I ended up with 7 trout. Ryan strung a limit. Fish were 16-24" I had two breakoffs and countless pull offs with the sorry hooks. What we did was keyed in on bait and fished it below the surface. Most of my bites were visible. First gut was full of bait. Fish were stacked up in the first gut and on the second bar. Water was still in good shape color wise. Should be good in the morning. Get there early.

Good job....

Comment

Way to go!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thank you for the report ! Good outing !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sounds like a good day to me....WTG.

Comment

sweet! I will be in SS with sneakypete. hope its as good as today was.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Good luck. I'm gonna stay home and pack for my move Monday. I caught over 50 bluefish. Get ready for them lol.

Comment

Great report!

Comment

should have stayed in bed. lol

Comment

Re: Surfside 8/16

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                    should have stayed in bed. lol
                    Hehehe

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

cant cachtm if your not there. did anyone fish off the seawall today? still looks ok

Comment

I hit it at 5:45. Was met with east wind that steadily strengthened as the sun rose. Few smacks, few blues. Highlight was watching Termo stick a trout as he was jumping a wave, when he touched bottom again, he strung it and kept complaining about never getting to fish the surf on a flat, green water day.

Comment

should have been there yesterday. lol I had on blue and rick had 2 tiny trout. wind was howling NE, stained water, but tons of mullet.

Comment

Re: Surfside 8/16

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                            should have been there yesterday. lol I had on blue and rick had 2 tiny trout. wind was howling NE, stained water, but tons of mullet.
                            Should have been on bryan beach yesterday after noon it was sick!!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                              Should have been on bryan beach yesterday after noon it was sick!!
                              how many u catch?

Comment

Working...
                              X