Afternoon Surf- 08/16/13 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon Surf- 08/16/13 Report

Went back at around 1 to find surf had dirtied up a lot. Winds were up and only green water was in the 3rd gut. Walked to the 3rd gut and imediately found rafts of mullets. Threw a corky fatboy in tequila sunrise and immediately hooked up...with gafftop....after gafftop. After 3 or 4 I was aboit to call it...when I hooked up with a 19 inch trout. Then got a 20 incher...then another. Then a spanish mackeral took my corky. Threw on another corky...smack got that one too. Tied on my last corky...guess who got it. Called it a day at 3 and drudgingly drove home. Winds were getting bad when I left. Fish were all released.
    Resident Ninja

thanks for the report....hitting it tomorrow myself...

Comment

Thank you for the days second report . Good to know about the trout being in the deeper clean water... Along with the other undesirables . Last time I was in the surf throwing a corky a gafftop got ahold of my lure and tore it . Man , loosing three corkys at about $ 9 a pop can be an expensive day . I was in bass pro shop recently and saw a Badonk A Donk SS - slow sinker- for the first time . It's looks like a corky but in a hard plastic . Anyone use them ? I bought three to use in the surf . Too many toothy things in the surf to violate my precious corkys . I'll have to see how they perform .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I have used the top water. worked good until the shark took it
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Yes but these are like a corky but in hard plastic .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
          X