Took My Girlfriend to the Beach- 08/30/13 Surf Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took My Girlfriend to the Beach- 08/30/13 Surf Report

My girlfriend has been asking to go fishing with me for a while. Decided that today was the day to go. She has never fished before and decided to use croaker to pretty guarantee some good fish. Got out there at daybreak and found sandy green water, but flat after the first gut. There were rafts of mullets everywhere and I figured we would have an easy limit. Unfortunately, I had to help my girl out and teach her the basics (it's all part of it), and she eventually caught on. Her first fish was a 19 inch trout. I then caught 21 inch trout. We then ran into a school of catfish and she had fun catching those. While moving down the beach I caught a 32 inch red that nearly spooled me. Then more catfish. We were working our way in when I turned to see my girlfriend bowed up with a big fish. The drag ripped out of the 1000 size Sahara. I coached her through it. After 30 minutes, she landed a 40ish inch bull red. Called it a day after that. Apparently she wants to go again. I would say mission accomplished. Click image for larger version

Name:	20130830_102956.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	574624
    Attached Files
    Resident Ninja

nice fish and lucky GF!! What a great day and maybe she is afflicted now with the fishing fever!! Great thing to have!
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Nice report!!! wtg!

Comment

Very nice, way to get her on some fish on her fish outing. She is hooked! BTW, catfish are freshwater, we call them hardheads here on the island
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Excellent first outing! Way to go J!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

she is ruined. lol I only had one trout on tops and lots of blues. stopped on the beach a mile before my spot. decided to drive down the beach to see if they were catching and of coarse I saw three guys walking out with 5 or 6 nice trout a piece. that's why I always go to the same spot!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Uh - oh . I have a friend who took his wife fishing . Now she wants to go with him all the time . You end up baiting shrimp / croaker , picking out backlashes and not fishing yourself . She wanted to go fishing on Valentines Day . It was blowing 30 MPH and he said they couldn't go . I told him he should have taken her . Perfect storm waves , chocolate water , drenching waves , no fish , early wake up , would have had her think twice . You can't go with your buddies and grind it out . I'm being the devils advocate . Good for you for taking your gal fishing . Just hope she doesn't want to go all the time . When I've taken my wife who is a stay at the Hilton gal , we don't get up at 3 AM , we fish from the boat , go to a marina for lunch and cocktels , get tired and want to go home . Thank God , once a year at most is enough for her .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice J. It won't be long and she will be outfishing you every trip.

Comment

Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hells yeah
                    "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Great job getting her hooked. Congrats to gf for her catch.
                      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

WTG, I have taken my wife out a few times, she proclaims that she is the redfish slayer. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X