Need Pointers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Pointers!

Taking my son-in-law (Army Soldier at Ft. Hood) surf fishing along with my 24 year old son. We are doing the usual house rental at Sea Isle. Neither have ever caught any surf fish. We have the tackle but need the pointers. My goal is to get those two on a fish of any kind. I would appreciate any ideas you guys can provide. We are there this Friday thru Monday. Thanks in advance!

Early morning sunrise -----
    Live Shrimp under a cork --- they should hit it

Novice Approach----- Top waters
    FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Good Luck , i am sure you will have many responses from our beach front experts ---
      FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

You can try some finger mullet on a double drop in first or second gut...or chunk some plastics or mirrodines

Comment

I hate to say it but the conditions for good surf fishing are yesterday, today & tomorrow. I don't think the conditions/weather will be good for thr beachfront.... But I will be there anyway b'cause I have to go to a B&B and spend the weekend acting like a tourist. I'm going to sneak a rod in, go to the surf at dawn & throw'em. If it is a bust, I can slip back in bed & pretend I've been there the whole time... Thank the Lord for weekend B&B outings with a sleepy wife....My whole day can be over before she wakes up!!! Then I can go shopping for Do-dadsm and seem like I am having a good time, yet knowing the fishing conditions aren't favorable. I think I have this figured out....Until Momma remembers that this is a Birthday / Anniversary weekend,,,, then I am back to doing the tourist thing with her again.... (I sure hope the Bishop's Palice has Wi-Fi......)

Comment

Past 2 summers Ive used a 12' shakespeare tidewater surf rod with Penn senator 6/0 with 3-4 shark leader. 1 hook live mullet, 1 hook cut bait with 8oz spider weight. wrap the spider weight in my kayak webbing and paddle it out past last sand bar then drop it. Ive caught nice black tips, bull sharks, white tips and spinners as well as 3 big bull reds 42"+. Lots of fun from the surf!

Comment

Working...
            X