Bull Reds from the Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Reds from the Surf

Spent the afternoon on the beach yesterday fishing for bull reds. Conditions were beautiful. Great water color. Ended up with two reds. A 41" and a 42" CPR'd. Caught em on whiting and mullet that I paddled out. Also picked up a few whiting and sheepshead for dinner. They were in close and hitting any shrimp I threw out. Plan on getting some more soon and hopefully catching some sandbar sharks before they move on. Just been hard to get the right conditions, weather, and of course the water temps have been low but they're finally moving up. Even surfed in just my spring suit the other day for the first time this season.

Not sure why the pics are upside down. Probably something do to with posting from my phone.
    Attached Files
    You never know what the tide might bring

Nice! Great day for it.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

great fish!
      sigpic

Comment

Those are some big reds. Nice job

Comment

Thanks for the report . No problems , I just stood on my head .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

really nice fish. Looking forward to hooking up on a few of those myself.

Comment

Good looking reds..I'm ready for the surf to start cooking.maybe all that Crisco washing up will help.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
              X