Couple Blacktips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Blacktips

Joined up with our friends from another shark fishing team this past weekend to try and catch a few Sandbar Sharks before they moved out. Got some nice ones last year and wanted some more. This was our first serious shark trip of the season and in a while. We were fishing hard at the beginning of last summer but various personal issues kept us busy and put a temporary halt in our shark fishing. Weren't able to make our PINS trip either. Hopefully this summer we can make up for all that.
    Wind was just howling though and even though the water color was nice, it was a washing machine out there. We had to battle some big waves to drop out baits and ended up in the water a lot. Caught a lot of whiting and sheepshead in close for bait and dinner. Ended up catching two Blacktips. Around 5 1/2" each with some girth. Mating scars on their backs. Had a few other runs and got cut off twice. Bummed we didn't get any sandbars but ready to get into the Blacktips and Bulls. Had a fun weekend with friends and got to share our different methods and try out some new gear.
    Attached Files
    You never know what the tide might bring

Looks like fun!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very cool platform set-up! Impressive catches too!
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Catch more them!!!! They keep eating my trout in the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting trailer platform . Glad for ya with the sharks . Looks like y'all had fun .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Quite the setup with the platforms.....Nice.

Comment

Working...
            X