Surf Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Conditions

Looking good for today & tomorrow. The forecast is for 1 foot or less swells today and tomorrow and the water temps appear to be up 4 to 5 degrees from Sunday. Think I'll give the Bryan Beach surf a try at first light tomorrow. Since I'm still not real optimistic that the specs will be there yet, I think I'll tie on a thin wire leader for the smacks that I think most surely will be there.

Surf Conditions

Surf wasn't as green this morning as it was yesterday, but still looked plenty fishable. Good luck!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good luck I camt wait I may run down later
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

The smacks are definitely out there. Can't wait til the trout move in. Lots of whiting and Sheeps in the surf. Hoping to make it out tomorrow
        You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

its almost time. the weed is also starting to move in.

Comment

Saw pics of the weed down at PINS. Very thick. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad here.
            You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Originally posted by shutout View Post
              Looking good for today & tomorrow. The forecast is for 1 foot or less swells today and tomorrow and the water temps appear to be up 4 to 5 degrees from Sunday. Think I'll give the Bryan Beach surf a try at first light tomorrow. Since I'm still not real optimistic that the specs will be there yet, I think I'll tie on a thin wire leader for the smacks that I think most surely will be there.
              Looks good enough for me too,....see ya in the morning.

Comment

I plan on crossing the bridge at 6:30 (hoping its not foggy in AM). Give me a call around 6 so that we can coordinate.

Comment

Go get'em ! I tried Easter Sunday. Gold Spoon with wire leader looking for Smacks, didn't find any but lots of whiting.

Comment

Hopefully it will 5-6 degrees warmer in the surf tomorrow than it was Sunday. Sunday was kind of uncomfortable and I had no hits that day either on my gold spoon.

Comment

I have better luck with a silver spoon

Comment

Was in the surf about 200 yds down from the MOB at 6:45 this AM fishing with RC. Fished hard for an hour and a half throwing gold spoons. Nothing at all other than a 15 minute fight with a jack that I had pretty much whipped, but nonetheless broke off about 15 yds from being landed. I had to get on to work so I left the beach at about 8:30. The water felt about 72-74, it was flat and nice color. The tide was just starting to come back in when I left. RC's gonna stay out there till about 2 so maybe he will have something better to add later today.

Comment

Just talked to RC; he continued to fish till 1 and didn't catch a thing. I felt sure he would at least catch some smacks once the tide started moving in, but no.

Comment

Working...
                          X