Surfs up this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfs up this weekend?

I'm thinking about doing some over night fishing out there by San Luis. Anyone going to be out there on the beach this weekend? I know the weed's been pretty much down right offensive the past weeks. I think I'm going to try braving it though and see whats out there.

I haven't seen many posts recently on here, lets hear it if you've been throwing out lines and what you're catching(asside from weed).

Thinking about heading that way Saturday. Concerned about the Sargassum though. Was very heavy during Memorial Day weekend and doesn't appear to have let up. Having some difficulty judging from the cam's what the conditions are like. Oh well - will most likely risk it anyway.

Check out this vid: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d43_1402203570

Comment

Yeah that video is of surfside beach, which is the island just across the san luis pass. I think I can get it to work if I bring the right equipment. gonna be lots of reel backs though in order to keep that weed from accumulating on the lines.

Comment

The weed it really bad and heck the water is off color because of all the weed. Check out my post from this morning, it is coming through the pass and heading into West Bay and into our canal. If you see islands of seaweed in West Bay, that means the pass is full of it! Good luck and be safe!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised how much seaweed was in the bay last weekend.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
            The weed it really bad and heck the water is off color because of all the weed. Check out my post from this morning, it is coming through the pass and heading into West Bay and into our canal. If you see islands of seaweed in West Bay, that means the pass is full of it! Good luck and be safe!
            Man whens the end!!!
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

this sux! its the middle of June and I haven't fished the surf yet.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Yeah , dang ! Between the south wind and seaweed ! I wonder how sabine and sabine jetties look ? I checked earlier and this weekend was pretty much the same as here , south 10-15 , sw mixed in . Don't know about seaweed .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                  Yeah , dang ! Between the south wind and seaweed ! I wonder how sabine and sabine jetties look ? I checked earlier and this weekend was pretty much the same as here , south 10-15 , sw mixed in . Don't know about seaweed .
                  Don't know about Sabine, but the seaweed was as bad at Matagorda.

Comment

The weed was horrible by the Surfside beach area. Only went there because I didn't realize all the morons were out getting their car stuck and failing terribly at whatever that joke of a fishing tourney was near San Luis. Ended up just doing night fishing in west bay with much success.

Comment

Any idea how much seaweed was on the bay side opposite the toll booth ? I'd like to kayak the guts and flats some time but not with a lot of seaweed . You fish with " train lights " and generator in the pass itself or boat lights ?
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

the flats were pretty nice, but the entrance to chocolate bay did have some good amounts of weed. The entrance to west bay wasn't that bad and loads of people were wadding there from what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by MinorityShack View Post
                          the flats were pretty nice, but the entrance to chocolate bay did have some good amounts of weed. The entrance to west bay wasn't that bad and loads of people were wadding there from what I saw.
                          nfic[emoji203]
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                            nfic[emoji203]
                            They all moved to Jones.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

surf is looking pretty good today, might head down to SS shortly.
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X