Bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait

Dropping the lady off at the airport for a 6am flight on Thursday and really want to hit the surf around SLP after I drop her off at 5:30. Leaving the kayak at home for the first time in a good long while, and was planning on packing some bone super spooks, some soft plastics, and spoons for working the guts but wanted to grab some live bait for the big rod. Hadnt been down to the surf in a while so was hoping someone could let me know whether it'd be worthwhile to grab some live croakers or just stick with shrimp?

1st one over the levee on right. Believe its the Saltgrass. May want to call them.
    Try both. Both work when the bite is on.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

croaker or mullet
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

If they can't be caught with croaker , they can't be caught . I don't use live bait . Artificials only .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Croaker is for frying. Ask Hans Googenheimer and Cookie Pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
            HAR!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Lmao

Comment

HA, they even have tournaments for them up North:
                Rotary Club of Tappahannock Virginia offers four cash prizes for the largest croaker, white perch, catfish, spot, caught in the Rappahannock River - an annual fishing tournament in May.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                  double HAR!
                  What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Working...
                  X