No announcement yet.

surf this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went this morning (Wed). Water really muddy from the SW wind. Weed was bad in the surf zone, but once you got out past the 3rd bar it wasn't bad at all.

Not much bait action or birds working. No hits on top, one little peck on a jig with no hookup.

Tomorrow should be better with the lower winds all day.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
      I went down to SS for a look today. the water was brown about 200 yards out down towards the pass. sea weed didn't look to bad but I didn't wade it. drove back to the pocket and the water was sandy green and no seaweed there? fish about an hour with some jigs and no bites. the people around me were catching a lot of good sized whiting on live shrimp. ask one guy if they caught any trout and he said they did earlier in the morning on jigs. might be good tomorrow
      Save me a parking spot Friday. I'm going to try to make it down there.

Comment

Just took a lunch break and drove down to the end of the seawall....Chocolate milk! Calm but clean water is pretty far away. Maybe Surfside is better, but Galv not good as of right now

Comment

Should be good soon!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Next week looks really good, forecast, that is...

Comment

well? who caught some, I know somebody did. I bet they are killing them right now.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

My buddy Eddie is there I slept in due to work I am kickin myself in the arse he said its trout green and N wind
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

was chocolate milk yesterday evening at SS had one 23" and a 14.5"

Comment

It mat take a while for it to clear from all the SW wind.

Comment

I heard it was green this morning and limits being caught.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                        I heard it was green this morning and limits being caught.
                        Not so sure about that. I did a recon a while ago. Drove the Follet's Island
                        beach from access 4 to access 5. Surf at about 1-1/2 feet, brownish to brownish green in color. Amazed at how few people there; probably 15 parked vehicles on that stretch. The 5 or 6 people I saw fishing were spending a lot more time fighting the swells than fish.

Comment

Originally posted by shutout View Post
                          Not so sure about that. I did a recon a while ago. Drove the Follet's Island
                          beach from access 4 to access 5. Surf at about 1-1/2 feet, brownish to brownish green in color. Amazed at how few people there; probably 15 parked vehicles on that stretch. The 5 or 6 people I saw fishing were spending a lot more time fighting the swells than fish.
                          good to hear, guess I didn't miss anything then. lol

Comment

To be honest, I could not even see any pretty water from the truck. If it really does stay pretty calm as predicted maybe the tides changes will bring some pretty water in by tomorrow morning. As a note, I did not check the jetty pocket, but the surfhouse surfcams pictures this morning looked like it was a little greener there, but there was only one fisherman in the waters on those two photo shots

Comment

the water was good there Tuesday, and the guy on the cam had a fish. you should have check it. I will be down in the next day or two.

Comment

I went down there a couple of hours ago to Surfside.
                                The water is actually pretty decent color now(greenish) in the jetty pocket. Bazillions of beachgoers tho. Not many fishing peoples about but it was mid-day.
                                Wind was blowing quite stiff from ENE! That is a really weird wind direction.
                                Surf was moderate to rough. You could fish it but you'd get get beat up.
                                Weed was still there but not anything like it has been.
                                West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Working...
                                X