Epic Surf Bite- 08/03/14 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Surf Bite- 08/03/14 Report

Got in the water at 5. I immediately saw more bait moving around down the beach since the water was so flat and made my way over there. Picked off a 5lb trout on a black/ silver skitterwalk but it busted wide open when the sun came up. Trout were blowing up on shrimp everywhere and absolutely destroying the rafts of mullet. You could do no wrong today where I was at. I had picked up my limit of trout by around 7:20 and continued to catch them. I had a shark try and take my trout so I headed back in, dropped off the trout and came back out and ended up catching 3 more limits if I had kept them all. As the day wore on, the trout got bigger and bigger. At one point, while using a plumtruese saltwater assassin, I caught 15 trout in consecutive casts.

Concentrated on fleeing shrimp and distressed rafts of mullet. Initially, I was blind casting, but eventually I just waited a couple of seconds for the trout to announceClick image for larger version

Name:	Trout 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	575515 their presence and picked and chose where to cast.
    Resident Ninja

You talk about we're you were so where were you ? Good fishing !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Very nice!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Near Jamaica Beach!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
          Near Jamaica Beach!
          While Kenny was guarding his reef[emoji12]
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
            While Kenny was guarding his reef[emoji12]
            Oh so he was in the bay
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Your report describes it very well. I was closer to palm beach and for a while it was a trout on almost every cast on a bone spook jr. Great day in the surf.

Comment

Awesome catching!

Comment

Awesome Jhua. Those kind of days are rare.
                  I wish you were out there making a video.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
                    Awesome Jhua. Those kind of days are rare.
                    I wish you were out there making a video.
                    Unfortunately my helmet cam conked out. I think I left in the car too long and it got fried.
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

Great job!!

Comment

Oh man , my family , in laws stayed at sea isle last week Thursday thru Sunday . The conditions were crummy . I fished the surf late thursdày and Friday morning ... Caught nothing but weed . I was a week too early . Great day for you !
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Man I wish I was as good as you are at spotting trout signs while surf fishing. Nice haul!

Comment

I did the same thing today, Jonathan. Must have caught 50 trout....in at 6:15-out by 8:15 and they were still biting, but it slowed down. Out-fished the live baiters with my Mirrodyne again. Had to change hooks when I got home.
                            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

So you caught a spec about every 150seconds !! AhhhhDamn!!! I'm loading my boat now!! Whats a mirrodyne ? Walmarts got any of them ?
                              "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Working...
                              X