No reports from today????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reports from today????

Surf looks amazing.....would've gone this morning, but it was first day of school for the kiddos. Planning in hitting it tomorrow morning. Anyone go today?

I went for a wade after I dropped off my daughter at school this morning. I got into the surf about 8 or so. Surf was nice and flat, but the wind was from the WNW and kept it pretty dirty where we were. I had some nice blow ups on tops and caught a couple trout around 14". The tide was going out and the seaweed got to be a problem. There was this odd clear noodle looking seaweed hanging with the sargassum. I switched to a mirrodyne for a while and later soft plastics and corky's but couldn't get another bite. Walked out a little before 10.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report, Bruce. Got your line stretched anyway!

Comment

my brother was out there this morning and got 4 before a shark came and scared him out the water after a little tug on the stringer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
          my brother was out there this morning and got 4 before a shark came and scared him out the water after a little tug on the stringer.
          I saw a good sized shark cruising the next sandbar.

Comment

They are only after the fish...right?

Comment

Me and scanoe went to the flats at san Louis pass and nada. Couple bumps but no takers. Shot over to snake island and I got 1 nice red on a ceye mirrordine. But nothing else rest of day. We even drifted everywhere and hit greens. Bad day

Comment

caught 1 hardhead on live mullet. the long rod guys down from me caught a few bull reds though.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by westbaytroutassasin View Post
                  Me and scanoe went to the flats at san Louis pass and nada. Couple bumps but no takers. Shot over to snake island and I got 1 nice red on a ceye mirrordine. But nothing else rest of day. We even drifted everywhere and hit greens. Bad day
                  I also went yesterday and fished for trout in Choc. After about 20 dinks and no reds or croakers or TR's or Lady's I dumped what was left of the bait over the side. Odd with the North wind early but by 0930 the a/c was calling.
                  With the scattered showers coming the bite should get better.
                  "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Had to work today after all. was going today. Looking at the bouy it got pretty rough overnight from .7 to 3.3 in a few hours.

Comment

This morning was a washout. The storm and wind last night muddied everything up and increased the waves.

Comment

Bay and canals are nasty too

Comment

Working...
                        X