468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading out this afternoon. Water clarity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading out this afternoon. Water clarity?

Going after work today to try my luck. Surf looks calm but hard to tell water clarity from surf cams. Anyone with firsthand color of surf? I will be at Pirate's Beach around 2:30. Hopefully I can get some live shrimp. I will post report later.

I'm heading to my bank in the next hour in G-town and will take a look. I'll try to post my observations when I return home later this morning.

Comment

OK. Just returned from the island. Five or six waders out in front of Benno's. 9th and seawall. 1 foot breakers, green water out 100 yards. Murky up close. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks I am heading out there in a bit even if I dont catch a fish a cold beer or two on the beach will be just fine.

Comment

Ok here is the report. Got in around 2:30 armed with a quart of tiny shrimp. Water at pirates beach was sandy green. Landed first trout about 3:00. From there it was 1 about every 30 minutes or so seemed like a small school would swim by then be gone pretty quick. The gaff top filled the void in between the trout. Around 6:00 it picked up pretty good. I ended up with 9 on stringer. 1 came off stringer with a final flip lost two keepers trying net. Probably threw back 5 little ones and caught a lot gaftop. Saw a shark go airborn on some mullet at about 7:15 pretty close to me so I headed in for the night. Tide was way out by the time I quit.

Comment

It's gorgeous today.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report kcross!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Thanks for the update, headed out tomorrow...

Comment

Thanks for the report, great catching!

Comment

Working...
                    X