Limited in the Surf- 08/12/15 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited in the Surf- 08/12/15 Report

Hopped in at 530 or so and started wading away from the beach access. Sun wasn't even up yet, but I could faintly see some swirls of bait. Tossed a black super spook jr and had a few pops, but no takers. Sun came up and it was a bit more consistent. just followed rafts of mullet around. Caught 7 or 8 keeper trout on tops, with none of them being over 18. Did have a deaf guy wade parallel to me on the 2nd bar. It got kind of annoying since I like to work both the first and second gut. Eventually he came over and we worked both sides together. I didn't get his name, but whoever you are, it was nice fishing with you. Switched over to a corky devil and caught a few more. I did get a 4ish lber on a soft plastic. Water clarity was sandy, but clearing as the morning went on. Was out of the water by 9ish. Only casualty today was my phone. The waterproof case failed and it filled with water. I would have some good photos to show, but I can't retrieve them off the phone. The fish were released to be caught another day.
    Resident Ninja

That's the way to get on 'em, son. And with lures, green to you.

Comment

Great post and sounds like you 2 had a great morning!!
      Returning them always a plus!!! And sorry about the phone.
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Nice catching Jonathan.

Comment

no pic no fish....

Comment

Never happened
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You don't need pictures, jhua. I believe you. I'm to busy catching fish to be a photographer too. And it sure don't make my sack any bigger. Anybody don't believe my reports is welcome to come go with me. That's the best picture I can think of. Live action!

Comment

Sounds like a great morning ! I wish we had more flat surf days .... At least when I can fish .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

thanks for the report, sounded like a good day in the surf.
                  "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Wtg
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                      Only casualty today was my phone. The waterproof case failed and it filled with water. I would have some good photos to show, but I can't retrieve them off the phone. The fish were released to be caught another day.
                      What brand of case? I had a lifeproof go bad on me but caught it before it got wet.
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report Jhua. Lord Bless.
                        robert
                        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                        X