Surf Fishing Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Fishing Conditions

Headed down this week on Wednesday and planning to do some surf fishing from Pirates Beach and maybe up to San Luis Pass or Surfside.

Just wondering what the Sargassum and general beach conditions look like at this time. Any info is appreciated.

No seaweed... It's still 60 miles off shore. You should be good.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Forecast is looking pretty good also!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

How was it today?
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          How was it today?
          Surf was flat. Clarity was horrendous though with it being around 6 inches of visibility on the seawall. I did manage 3 trout on a spook jr. Hopefully it can clean up just a bit.
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
            Surf was flat. Clarity was horrendous though with it being around 6 inches of visibility on the seawall. I did manage 3 trout on a spook jr. Hopefully it can clean up just a bit.
            go south
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Choppy, and off color this afternoon with a honking E wind. It'll be flat but with a N & NNW wind it may not green up.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks for these eye on the surf reports .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Green to the beach, looks like Mackerel water. I didn't fish, but saw no birds this evening, no mullet, no slicks.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

It was on this am , nothing big just good eaters !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Wedneaday pm mullet plentiful, fished three rods, live and cut mullet, got skunked.

Thursday wind shift to North, mullet, fairly calm. Managed two small redfish on Pink Gulp Shrinp and one 24" blacktip on Whole dead mullet.

Friday no wind, very calm in am, saw lots of waders and several trout caught, mullet everywhere, trout hitting the surface. Only managed one blacktip so far on whole dead mullet. No reds, macks, jacks, or kings. Maybe Saturday?!?😂😢

Comment

Clear as it gets, and scarce bait. Skipjacks early and then a 25# Jackfish on Catch 2000. Took a while. Mullets rafting both sides of noon.
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Down at the MOB there is a lot of bait , limits this am . Headed back at 430 !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                          X