Surfside 8/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfside 8/30

Had a great time at Surfside Sunday morning. Got out before sunrise hoping for a moonlit topwater bite, but only managed one small spec before I switched over to skrimps under a cork. Lots of action from ladyfish, bluefish, whiting, spanish, trout, you name it. I only ended up with one keeper trout, but some of the biggest whiting I've ever seen. They measured 16" and gave some nice filets. The spanish surprisingly didn't cut my line with the dinky hook I had on there, 25"er. Click image for larger version

Name:	Surfside 8-30-15 (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	576496

Thanks for the report. Love mackerel.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Glad you had a good time . Thanks for the report .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice going!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice fish. Like the teeth on the Mack. WOW, he didn't cut your line. I've had them cut my line. Better cut my line, than put it in the basket. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Nice fish. Like the teeth on the Mack. WOW, he didn't cut your line. &nbsp;I've had them cut my line. Better cut my line, than put it in the basket. Lord Bless.<br>robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Nice! Good report
              Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
              X