A Great Day! - 09/02/17 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great Day! - 09/02/17 Report

Picked up a buddy at 630 this morning and headed to the beachfront. It was flat with small little rollers every few minutes that lapped at the shoreline. Despite this, it was disheartening to see very little bait and have the water clarity to around 5 inches or so.

In the rush to get out there, I forgot my wade box in the car and would regret my decision. I started off with a saltwater assassin in plum chartreuse. I worked parallel to the shoreline and quickly found some nervous mullet that you couldn't see from the seawall.

I scooted closer to them, working the plastic erratically with hard twitches and a fast retrieve. At the end of some twitches of the rod, I picked up the slack to feel some weight...and dug in hard to a nice trout. The trout burst from the water, leaping high into the air. After a brief fight, I got the fish in and strung it- a nice 22 incher.

A few fish later, I felt another bite and set the hook to a blistering run...then nothing. Either my line had frayed and broke off or a pesky mackerel knifed my line. This is when I realized that my box was still in the car. I rushed back and wasted valuable time to retrieve it.

Back in the water, my buddy and found the fish around a gut. As the day wore on, the bites were less frequent, but the fish were of higher quality. Tally of the day was 13 trout with many bring over 19.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Seawall Trout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	577240
    Resident Ninja

That WAS a nice day .... glad you got out .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

VERY nice! Thanks for sharing.

-FP

Comment

Very nice!!!
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

That was a great day, nice going.

Comment

Nice work!
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

Nice mess of fish buddy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Jonthan!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great job and report
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                  X