Newbie with No Clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with No Clue

I am a very novice angler (and using the word angler sounds improper) and I was blessed (I might even say cursed) with a son who wants to fish from piers/jetties/surf. Are there any fishing groups/education groups around that get together for learning tying of knots etc. or do you have suggestions on how to get started in this while not looking like a dips*$t to my son?

Read up on older threads. There’s a lot of gold if you take the time to mine it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by John from Katy View Post
      I am a very novice angler (and using the word angler sounds improper) and I was blessed (I might even say cursed) with a son who wants to fish from piers/jetties/surf. Are there any fishing groups/education groups around that get together for learning tying of knots etc. or do you have suggestions on how to get started in this while not looking like a dips*$t to my son?
      Good afternoon, I am also a beginner, have you been able to find useful topics to practice your skills?

Comment

I haven’t fished piers or jetties much, but I’m pretty good in the surf. Live shrimp under a popping cork will almost always produce for you. You can also substitute the live shrimp with Gulp shrimp. I like the pearl or spice glow colors.
        I’m mainly a lure fisher. When it’s flat I love using Super Spooks and other top water lures. It’s hard to beat a top water bite! I also like silver/chartreuse mirrodynes or Corkys in the surf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
        X