Adventures in Sideways Fishing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in Sideways Fishing!

Cuz and I decided to try the surf this morning! Let's just say a brother can only stand the taste of saltwater for only so long! Grant you, standing sideways helps a little until a couple of waves slap you upside the head! Time 2 go! Went to the Lagoon, a couple of bumps and one serious rod bender that shook and shook and shook..never saw it! Looking forward to the next time! It was a nice day to be out!

Moe

God Is GOOD all the time!
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Way to get out there Moe!!

Comment

Why to give it a shot, it was not perfect this morning, but nice to be on the water.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Sounds like you lost a nice sized trout there Moe! It was a good surprize to see you pull up next to me on the beach and now that I got on a computer I am sorry I missed your email yesterday.

Comment

I know what you mean about roughing the surf like that, it sux. A buddy of mine caught his biggest ever at the Lagoon bout' a month ago...gotta get back there soon.

Comment

WTG Moe....Tough out there this am!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by stingray View Post
              I know what you mean about roughing the surf like that, it sux. A buddy of mine caught his biggest ever at the Lagoon bout' a month ago...gotta get back there soon.
              Really? I fished there a couple years ago and didn't catch nothing but sand trout. So there are decent fish in there? You are talking about the lagoon on the east end of the island correct?
              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Glad you got out there Moe.nice report
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

XAngler--We've been fishing the Lagoon a few years now. Since IKE it's a totally different experience. I do not think the numbers are there like they were. There are some quality trout and reds, but people keep every legal size fish without considering the cost. I saw several guys take limits and several 25"-27" trout out right before IKE. Those fish are resident, not a lot fish moving in and out of there. I've kept 1 26" once, but started releasing anything over 20". I got a feeling it will never be the same. I gotta find some where else to walk in now.
                  Moe

Comment

You need to come down and fish with me Moe...
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hogie---I'll holla when school is out!

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                          XAngler--We've been fishing the Lagoon a few years now. Since IKE it's a totally different experience. I do not think the numbers are there like they were. There are some quality trout and reds, but people keep every legal size fish without considering the cost. I saw several guys take limits and several 25"-27" trout out right before IKE. Those fish are resident, not a lot fish moving in and out of there. I've kept 1 26" once, but started releasing anything over 20". I got a feeling it will never be the same. I gotta find some where else to walk in now.
                          Moe
                          Wow I didnt know it had been that good. Yeah I guess all those fish are trapped. Your best chance for new fish is if eggs get washed in. It's a shame its not the same anymore
                          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

My buddy called and is determined to catch fish in the Lagoon. I'm going to appeas him, but it will probably be my last time there! Gonna head west-GISP, Jamaica Beach Surf, and further points West. I'm certain, once school is out, some the fellas on this board will be willing to educate me! 7 more school days! I can't wait, but i'll have to!

Comment

never caught anything other than flounder in the lagoon, alot of flounder.
                              Boats and hoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X