No announcement yet.

People without a boat or Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Na, i learned all my spots from reading 2cool. That's where they seperate the men from the boys.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

My .02

X2 with GHSmacker (except for the 2Cool B.S.)

I think a guy has to go through process of spot exploration and personal networking with other anglers. Instant gratification will take the fun out of the sport.

Most "honey holes" have been around for decades and are respectfully shared by several people. Grab a map and focus on an area you want to fish. Pay attention to its seasonal and tidal habits. You may not hit a homerun from the beginning, but you will definately educate yourself and meet a few people along the way.

Lastly, pick up more trash that you brought. Help keep our bays shorelines clean.

Comment

Ha Ha, they all are experts on 2cool. Just ask anyone of them and they'll tell ya ya aint holdin yer mouf right.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

One second thought, fish the spots with the most trash. The fish that are there keep those lazy, nasty azzholes coming back for more.

I hate that it is like that around here.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
            One second thought, fish the spots with the most trash. The fish that are there keep those lazy, nasty azzholes coming back for more.

I hate that it is like that around here.
            I agree! I pushed my cousin off the dock at our home when he threw a wrapper into the water. I told him to go get it. I don't want to spoil the environment with our filth. Ike did enough of that already. Oh and a walk in spot is on the left hand side right before you hit pelican island bridge. The big three are there. You have to know when to fish though because it can be hit or miss. Luckily I spent a few months there so I have a basic idea of when to go.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
              X2 with GHSmacker (except for the 2Cool B.S.)

I think a guy has to go through process of spot exploration and personal networking with other anglers. Instant gratification will take the fun out of the sport.

Most "honey holes" have been around for decades and are respectfully shared by several people. Grab a map and focus on an area you want to fish. Pay attention to its seasonal and tidal habits. You may not hit a homerun from the beginning, but you will definately educate yourself and meet a few people along the way.

Lastly, pick up more trash that you brought. Help keep our bays shorelines clean.
              Thats what is all about putting time and effort into an area and see what works when and how. Pattern Pattern is the big Ticket. Of course Ive got my on, and not going to just let it all go, but I can say where I walked in. Ther rest is up to the fisherman to find. 103rd was were I started all my fishing, and slowly learned the area. Till this day we only have one pattern worked out and boy does it work! Its a guarantee, but the importance is "when and where".

Oh yeah Cleaning is always a big one, keep the neighboorhood happy and the will treat u good!

Comment

yeh Bouy good answer, some people have showed me spots and I have showed people spots but if they repeat it the word is out. Speaking of spots you can walk in all down dollar point.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

All of you crack me up Just because you can walk in somewhere does not mean the fish will be there. Heck if that was the case, I would go to the same spot every day of the week and get my limit. I would also sell my boat! Anyway, all the spots mentioned so far are good places to walk in.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                    All of you crack me up Just because you can walk in somewhere does not mean the fish will be there. Heck if that was the case, I would go to the same spot every day of the week and get my limit. I would also sell my boat! Anyway, all the spots mentioned so far are good places to walk in.
                    You said it!!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wait till dark. Go to Jamaica Beach. Go back to the canals...all the way to Jerry's house. Fish his lights! PS...his neighbor shoots first and asks questions later...
                      sigpic

Comment

OK im waiting for DPOPs entry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reelshallow View Post
                          lol good luck!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by reelshallow View Post
                              X2!!!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

ill throw out a bone for some.... but you need a boat or yak....its where i fished just last week and nailed them.... put in to seadrift boat launch paddle out to the islands furthest out and near the victoria ship channel.... when you get there paddle out to old wood channel marker closest to shell spoil area(island)...drift the edge of that channel to that marker...BAM! hope the wind doesnt blow up...1.8 miles from launch in 5.6 ft... also great wading off the south side of shell island alot of reds and trout and island little closer is the same

Comment

Working...
                                X