People without a boat or Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad;

Mark said my light started flickering, so it's unplugged!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'm a pier and light potlicker around the Tiki area, but can also walk across the street from my house and catch a few specs when the time is right. I am fortuate to have access to some pretty good flounder holes . . . I have a boat, but I'm considering letting it go. Just don't want to put the money into it anymore. I'd rather pay someone to take me . . . the whole idea of walk'n isn't half bad considering the $$$$$ I've put out over the years. . . wg

Comment

Originally posted by reelshallow View Post
        OK im waiting for DPOPs entry!!!

Now that right there is funny!!

Comment

I'll contribute with my 1st post. Ditto on Seacost Dr. that ends at Christmas Bay.
          Last edited by RedXRunner; April 14, 2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I wonder if they are ever going to try and put them on the forum map..

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
              I agree! I pushed my cousin off the dock at our home when he threw a wrapper into the water. I told him to go get it. I don't want to spoil the environment with our filth. Ike did enough of that already. Oh and a walk in spot is on the left hand side right before you hit pelican island bridge. The big three are there. You have to know when to fish though because it can be hit or miss. Luckily I spent a few months there so I have a basic idea of when to go.
              There's plenty of crabs right there two,but fishn i usually walk to the bridge....
              Louis Bait Camp-fish on side of bridge across from bait camp(Cast between 2nd n 3rd post into channel right there) spec rig so you dnt get hung on shells
              One...Bad...Arse...Mothertruckn...Angler...

Comment

For my boaters: go behind UTMB by Liberty Seafood,since i cant bank fish from back there any more,its blockd off(no fishing sign), the big 3 back off in there

Comment

OK this is a little disturbing... I don't think giving spots up is not a good idea... I learned my spots by getting in the water and grinding it out and learing the system... I will not give 20 years of fishing up that easy... If you want help, My answer is get in the water and fish... If you want a bank spot to fish shrimp or mullet, try the jetties anywhere... Get your feet wet and go get you some...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with this because I can see both sides. Ok I think its ok to give an area for some people that may not be able to just get out there and fish once or twice a week or even a month. I understand that people have more than one or two honey holes that they don't want to give up. Well maybe just an area and not just certain spots in particular. There are some people out there that just can't get out as often as other people and would like to still catch fish more that just once every now and then. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Go get the little book 101 places to bank fish or somethinglike that. I think some lady wrote it it has some killer spots.I really aint ready to give up my favorite spot but here are a few I have fished for years and can actually wade them. Dollarpoint TCD. Christmas Bay, Terramar beachfront,Mouth of the Brazos,
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey Girl View Post
                        I'm a pier and light potlicker around the Tiki area, but can also walk across the street from my house and catch a few specs when the time is right. I am fortuate to have access to some pretty good flounder holes . . . I have a boat, but I'm considering letting it go. Just don't want to put the money into it anymore. I'd rather pay someone to take me . . . the whole idea of walk'n isn't half bad considering the $$$$$ I've put out over the years. . . wg
                        How bout you let me get a sample of the gravy in your pot, i dnt wanna lick it

Comment

I always thought it was part of the fishermans code to never give up your spots, and if you are lucky enough to meet a few fisherman who show you a spot or two, you NEVER EVER give those spots out! I've got a few guys I fish with and we take each other fishing and share spots, but they stay within that small circle, and occaisionally someone new comes in.

You've got to get out there and learn them yourself by putting in the time, exploring new spots is half the fun of my fishing experience. A lot of work goes into finding those spots that produce.... Go ahead and test it out, post up the exact location where you hammered em this week and show up the following Saturday at daylight and see if you have any company.

Truth is you can pick just about any walk in spot on the bay and catch fish if you put in the time to learn the pattern for that location.

Its the fishersmans code dude!! Don't give out your honey holes!

Comment

I agree with u or19 but I have the same small circle and I have a lot of walk in spot but they are ones that are easily found and well know. It's not the walk in spots that shouldn't be shared its the honey holes. U can't just walk up and instantly catch ! But me bein a majority bank/wade fisherman I like to find out about new areas but and explore them myself it helps when people help other outdoorsman . Keyword there being help and not give it away . I like this idea a lot but I know not everyone is like us and the best part of it is exploring. That's why its called fishing and not catching !

Comment

Or19 those arent honey holes, just spots we goto....now i got a honey hole for fish n crabs that i dont share at all, not even wit fam

Comment

sheepsheader...I was wondering if you could school me a bit on catching sheepshead. I think they taste better than trout and flounder but dont really have success catching them consistently. I thought they were a winter time fish, but maybe you can still pull a few out this time of year? Ive tried to catch sand crabs, but to no avail. I know they like pylons, but I have caught the most off of sportsmans road. I would appreciate any advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X