People without a boat or Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westbay grasshoppa View Post
    sheepsheader...I was wondering if you could school me a bit on catching sheepshead. I think they taste better than trout and flounder but dont really have success catching them consistently. I thought they were a winter time fish, but maybe you can still pull a few out this time of year? Ive tried to catch sand crabs, but to no avail. I know they like pylons, but I have caught the most off of sportsmans road. I would appreciate any advice.
    I use live shrimp/hermit crabs fishd on the bottom...i have a certain spot in offatts bayou where they stay stacked up, there's plenty in the canals in bayou vista over shell/mud, largest i've caught was 23 inches, my uncle hookd up wit 26incher right after that in the canal there
    One...Bad...Arse...Mothertruckn...Angler...

Comment

I dont have a boat. and from a map, bayou vista looks residential. Is there a way I could fish the canals there without "trespassing"? and hermit crabs? where do you get those? And do you pull them out of the shell?

Comment

Yeah the hermit crabs, crack open the shell softly so i dnt kill'em, offatts bayou you drive down by boat ramp and go towards bridge overpass...some of the spots i fish use to have house pre-ike now its alot of open lots....bayou vista i use to fish at my uncle's coworker property(house use to be)..... You can goto east beach lagoon and rack up
        One...Bad...Arse...Mothertruckn...Angler...

Comment

The Texas City Levy (to the left of the dike) I have caught lots of big specs there wade fishing in the past.
          I would start about a mile down and work from there...I used live shrimp under a popping cork... Just stay a good way from the flood gate....I don't wade anymore due to health problems and would like to find a few places that I can drive close to and fish....I can't walk to far... And I maybe wrong but the not sharing fishing spots is a newer thing...Just because you caught fish there last week doesn't mean they will be there next week..

Comment

Working...
          X