No announcement yet.

Wading in snake boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not mad at you Hogie. I can feel the jealousy seething out of the computer screen from way over here.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
      I'm not mad at you Hogie. I can feel the jealousy seething out of the computer screen from way over here.
      LOL buddy its going to be a long night... That was some funny **** though you gotta admit... after the 14th we have to hook up and go test out or snake boots versus pissed off stingrays... You bring the paint I got the live bait... Deal?
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
        http://www.muckbootsonline.com/Woody..._p/sbrmobu.htm

I will never wear another pair of rayguard boots again, after wearing these...
        Proud of them aren't they?
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

The test I saw used a 4x4 in the boot. I guess nobody wants to be the crash dummy!
          Scott
          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Good comments
            I agree the pressure of a snake bite is not what as great as that of a pissed off ray but I do agree snake boots are better than nothing and I have a old pair that I will be testing out. Still shuffling is the best way not to get hit if you like to wade. I have waded all my life and have never been hit (will report next week that I got hit now) but taking the extra precaution is good.

Comment

Kenny, the Muck Woody Armor Boots are a bit pricey, but built like no other. Very high quality and extremely light weight & comfortable....slip on, slip off.....no laces, and they are are constructed with anticrobial materials. There is very little retention to moisture with these boots....no leather....no cloth. I really like mine.

Comment

Kenny,

Hogie has that mad money. Ol' boy makes it rain on a daily basis.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Hogie,

I'm down boss. You got my number, just hit me up.

Comment

I would like to get a pair of these boots is there any place to get them any cheaper.

Comment

Anyone have a website that they can share?
                      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Originally posted by pho cowboy View Post
                        Anyone have a website that they can share?
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

rays

According to an article on bite force, snakes can hit with 150lbs of force. Stingrays - well over 500lbs. (Also mentioned on "Rivermonsters.")

So kids... RayGuards = good for rays, Snakeboots = good for snakes

Comment

I've thought about it but I'll stick to the ray guards. I'd like to try the Crack Shots if I could find a place to try them on first.

Comment

Of course I wouldn't look down on someone coming out of the water in snake boots. Damn better than nothing! And a whole lot safer than most of you!

Comment

One thing to consider would be surface area of pressure needed for penetration. A snake would probably need less for penetration because of fang size while a ray with a larger barb would be more. So possibly a snake bite at 150# is equivalent to a 500# strike of a ray. Then again I've never seen anyone compare and I usually only wear reef boots and sometimes nothing so what do I know!
                                Don't be a Nancy!
                                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                                X