468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade Fishing the bay side of Scholes Field in Galveston...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great video John.Thats why they call it fishing and not catching.You cant catch if lines not in the water.At least you got your line wet.Gotta get ready for tourney tomorrow.Good luck next time and thanks for the video info.
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Dear TrophyTroutman:

Hey there!

Thank you for the wonderful words, kudos on the video, and validation for "gettin' out fishin'...and gettin' my line wet". You are the man with the plan my friend!

Good luck on your tournament tomorrow...and I look forward to hearing how you did.

John
      John M. Wedergren
      Actor, Recording Artist, Teacher
      (281)-759-5019 - direct
      johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Very nice. Thank you! Big help for those of us that are still learning our way around.

Comment

Hey there Hoosier Daddy!

I appreciate your compliments and am glad that the post and video was of benefit to you. Great!

Have a great Sunday...and I look forward to opportunities to meet...and hopefully fish!

John
          John M. Wedergren
          (281)-759-5019 - direct
          johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Great video and contribution to the boatless community. What kind of bottom and depth is going on out there?

Comment

Great video John. Thanks for sharing and spending the time.

Comment

Hi there Root Canal!

I appreciate your words and kudos on the video. I enjoyed every minute of it...and will be posting more soon.

Have a great Monday (4th of July)...and I look forward to meeting...and fishing!

John
                John M. Wedergren
                (281)-759-5019 - direct
                johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Hi there MrBrown!

Thank you kindly for the kudos on the video. I had great fun putting it together...and will be posting more soon.

The bottom has a bit of oyster reef shell as you walk in...then becomes a stable mud bottom. The depth varies from very shallow (along the shorelines) to a comfortable wading height of between 3.5' to 4.5' (dependent on tide height).

Go to my profile page and look on the right side of the page about half way down. I posted a greeting to myself with the video, a link to the google Earth Map of the site, and a written summary of the location.

There also was an earlier post by Root Canal in the Kayak Forum that shows key fishing spots on a Google Earth map.

Give me a call or write if I can be of more assistance!

John
                  John M. Wedergren
                  (281)-759-5019 - direct
                  johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Paul:

Thank you for the recognition on the video and informatics for Scholes field! I enjoyed the heck out of doing it...and will be posting more in the near future.

Have a great day...and I look forward to doing some fishin'!

John
                    John M. Wedergren
                    (281)-759-5019 - direct
                    johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Great video. we tried that area saturday morning with no luck. we caught an undersized flounder and some other guys caught a small stingray. saw some swirls near the grass but no hits. thanks for the video.

Don and Dee.

Comment

Dear Don and Dee:

Hi there!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video posting and it's good to hear you tried the spot on the back side of Scholes field. My last trip there...which was about a week back...only yielded a hook up with a nice trout in the morning...then nothing else.

I posted a link to a google earth map of the area on my profile page on the right hand side about half-way down the page below the reposting of the video. Take some time to study that map as it will show the bottom and some passes and deeper water which can support your fishing.

Of course, feel free to give me a call and I'll be glad to chat with you.

Have a great day!

John
                        John M. Wedergren
                        (281)-759-5019 - direct
                        johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks John, Waded there yesterday. Lots of rat reds around and short stikes but shut out. Waiting on surf to clear up.

Comment

Greetings Wadehead!

I appreciate your kudos on the video...and am glad you were able to wade the area. I too am watching the surf for the next opportunity to wade.

I posted a google earth map link to the Scholes Field area in my profile on the right side about half-way down the page...below the video. Take a look at the map as it shows the structures and varying depths in the area.

I look forward to staying connected...and opportunities to fish.

John
                            John M. Wedergren
                            (281)-759-5019 - direct
                            johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X