No announcement yet.

Topwater-riffic Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still laughing! Hanging with the younguns is proving to be good for my constitution. Uber was shaking show much after landing that trout i was not sure if he would ever be able to cast again. The youngsters also taught me a how to make that SS Jr skitter across the top of the water like a skitterwalk. The reds went nuts when I did that. If they missed it, cast it again but slow it way down and they would hammer it. I really enjoyed the time with J and UM. Their really intelligent and really funny guys! Holla!

Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice report... when they're working, it's sure hard to beat catching em on top. The key is to not to be bashful about throwing them now and again... not working? Then switch to soft plastics or bait for a while, then switch back, switch colors, change up the retrieve... Oh, and don't stray to far from Moe, as he seems to have some serious top water mojo! ; )
      "You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket, you might have caught a fish" - Darrell Royal

Comment

Man! This thread just keeps getting better!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Congratulations !! Thanks for the entertaining report !!
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

great catch on your first top water. that flounder, by chance, didn't have my name on it. sounds like you all are having a great time with Moe. i'll be there saturday fishing with my partner and hopefully meeting you all. Lord willing the fish will be biting. see you all on the water. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
            X