No announcement yet.

Keep your stringer away from you boys and girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, I was with a first time wader yesterday and we were in water between knee and waist deep.

Needless to say, he didn't want to get out of the boat the rest of the day

Comment

Nice trout but better the trout than your leg.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I waded Bird Island Flats 2 weeks ago and came across a fairly large shark, (to me anyway). I have never seen one while wading until then...I have not been back. I am 6 foot 3, 220 pounds but have to admit that I am DEATHLY afraid of Sharks. Have not been back to Bird Island since. I suppose sharks could be anywhere, I am just a bit timid about returning to that spot...good spot when the conditions are right though.

Comment

Looks like a crab nab to me! LOL

Lil 6-7fter that did a stringer grab in West Gorda at the beginning of the summer...note the water depth! A lot of shark talk going on another surfing forum I get on...I looked it up and there have been no fatalities since 1962,,,the last in Galveston was 1911. The chances of dieing from attack are 1 in 264 million and change. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning on the golf course Neil!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008b.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	555494
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2wade View Post
            I waded Bird Island Flats 2 weeks ago and came across a fairly large shark, (to me anyway). I have never seen one while wading until then...I have not been back. I am 6 foot 3, 220 pounds but have to admit that I am DEATHLY afraid of Sharks. Have not been back to Bird Island since. I suppose sharks could be anywhere, I am just a bit timid about returning to that spot...good spot when the conditions are right though.
            That whole area(SLP/Bird Island) is a shark super highway...best to avoid!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Two weeks ago in the area you're talking about a buddy of mine nearly sh*t his pants after seeing a 7-8 ft bull shark swim between us. We only had a few on the stringer and we were less than 30 yards from one another...didn't give us the best feeling

Comment

I dunno, but if that happens to me y'all are going to have to call me "Jesus" 'cause I'll be walking on water.
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2wade View Post
                  It is prolly best you stick with night fishing LMAO... The bay you fish is full of 2 to 6 footers... Just sayin buddy...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Wow crazy pics...I had you in mind today Wilkins when I had my trout swimming straight toward me on my stringer...LOL
                    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Working...
                    X