newbe to site and wade fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbe to site and wade fishing

hello new to the site my name is jay and just started wade fishing and must say i like it but dont know any other spots to go wade fish besides mosquito island would appreciate any input thanks and look foward to being a member.

Welcome to FWE

Comment

Welcome aboard, Jay. The surf is hot right now. That's where I'm headed tomorrow morning!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome Jay!

I am by no means a wade fishing expert, but I will throw in my $0.02. Right now, you can't beat the surf. When the wind is light and out of the SouthEast, the water in the surf turns from brown to green. That is when you want to be out there, cause the trout and other fish are thick. Just look on a tide chart, figure out when the water will be moving, and wade out. You can throw soft plastics on a jig, spoons, shrimp under a popping cork, topwaters.... anything you want out there. The key is you want to fish out in the 3rd gut if you can get to it, but the 2nd holds some fish as well. Where you see the waves breaking, just beyond the white breaks is where the sand bars are. If you watch the waves, their pattern will tell you a lot about the ocean floor.

There are also a few good places to wade on the back side of Pelican Island. If you park in Seawolf, you can wade on the bay side (left side of the fishing pier). It is a huge flat, and lots of flounder in the fall stack up on it. Be careful, there are a few good sized holes out there, so just walk slow, wear rayguards and do the stingray shuffle if your out there. It is good fishing when the tide is moving water over that flat.

Comment

Welcome to FWE!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

welcome Jay. keep reading and you'll learn the spots. to many fish in the ocean to be greety. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
              X