Bad Afternoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Afternoons

Went wading on Monday and Wednesday afternoon from 5-dark. Yesterday at mosquito island, I couldn't find anything. Waded out, and found some shad being busted further out. Got out there, and after switching from tops to soft plastics, I finally got an inconsistent hit from a DOA shrimp. Finally a good strike, a hookup, and then....nothing. I've been chasing a small school of spanish mackerels in sandy waters the whole time. After losing 2 DOA's, I gave up. I'll probably go on Friday too, but it's getting frustrating that I can't find any reds or trout. But, I guess that's why it's called fishing and not catching :P
    Resident Ninja

Where is Mosquito Island?...heard of it but not sure where it actually is

Comment

It's a small little sand/shell bar on the left of the Texas City Dike.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

be careful around Mosquito Island-large deep dropoff on west side of island-many drownings over there. Do not go there unless you follow a buddy or watch how people wade there first.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Working...
          X