Winter wade Jacket etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter wade Jacket etc.

Woke up yesterday to a stout cool morning and a thought occurred to me, I dont have any winter wade clothes, so I could use some help here, definitely need a jacket, something that so.t Brake the Bank- max 300.00 but would like to spend half that if I could, and under clothes info as well, got waders and boots. Thanks guys.

You don't need to spend a ton. I use a Magellan from Academy and spent about $75.
    Just layer up. Fleece works the best for me. The colder it is the more layers you wear.
    Be sure and get something warm for your head and make sure the jacket you pick has a hood.
    Same goes for under your waders, and don't wear cotton. I also use ankle straps to hold the fleece pants in place when putting on my waders. They work great. Academy has them too.

Comment

Check this link for a ton of jackets. The first one is Goretex and a good price. Orvis, L L Bean and stores like that usually have really good guarantees. Also check on ebay and amazon. Seems like when I looked a while back the Columbia was a really good value. The Magellan jacket from Academy is fine, I have one for a back up, but it's kind of stiff and heavy compared to some others.
      nextag.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

and always take an extra set of clothes ,you might get stuck in the mud and fall down.
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

You can also find good deals on ebay as well. I got a pair of Hodgeman stocking foot waders for 35 bucks including shipping. They're cheap but they're on their second year now. I've also seen some higher end brands for decent money.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Or some boater decides to cut you off in their drift and revs up their motor 15 yds from you causing a huge wake . That can happen too!
            Resident Ninja

Comment

A good pair of rehead socks $10, Sweat pans walmart $20 bucks, 2 t-shirts, A sweat shirt $10, Neck scarf I use a fleece neck ring $10,Under armor gloves $30 ,Head gear $15., I use a Browning hunting jacket $50, Good rain jacet for when it rains $30-50And a pair of cheap magellan breathable waders $60. Just make sure you have plenty of layers. You will need more while on the boat ride than when your fishing. Have a good dry bag to keep them in as you remove and add layers. Take Spooks advice and bring extra set of clothes. If you fish the deep mud you will eventually go down. Not that I ever saw spook get wet just sayin!!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

its not cold enough yet to be wearing anything other than a pair of wading pants & a long sleeve WEA fishing shirt...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks Guys, I like Magellan jacket but if is stiff I will ha e to go with something else. I received some magelan wader pants last year for Christmas with stirrups will I need something under these as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                    its not cold enough yet to be wearing anything other than a pair of wading pants & a long sleeve WEA fishing shirt...
                    What is WEA mean?

Comment

"What is WEA mean?"
                      West End Anglers

Go to Army Surplus and a set of their thermals. Very comfortable and keeps you warm!
                      Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                        "What is WEA mean?"
                        West End Anglers

Go to Army Surplus and a set of their thermals. Very comfortable and keeps you warm!
                        10-4 Moe are you going to be ready next week for a power wade...
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hogie-This week, not gonna happen. Next week, there is a possibility. Let me know what day and ill let you know!
                          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Where do I get my WEA shirts at. Ill take 2, got to have a back up.

Comment

i bought a jacket from Drake waterfowl appearal and its definatly worth the money. they are alittle pricy but it keeps you warm when its cold and dry when its wet. has 2 layers in 1 that detatch. the under layer is a fleece sweater type material with a turtle neck collar and the other is a full waterproof breathable jacket with a hood. for bottom half i just wear some slicker pants and a pair of shorts under that, but i wear neoprene waders also

Comment

Working...
                              X