20 mph sw wind wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 mph sw wind wade

Friend and I waded the S shoreline yesterday with absolutely no one insight, Water didn't look bad where we were and had some tide movement, he ended up catching 2 dink trout on top, 1 bull red that inhaled his whole full sized skitter walk, that red went 29 in, (with a tail that was pretty much ate off) and 10.5 lbs. I ended up with one 20 in red on top, and missed 4 other drunk fish on top. Then as soon as the sun disappeared, i heard a huge explosion and saw his top water get crushed about 10 yards from him, and soon as the hook was set, it was off to sea. SOMEHOW, he landed this 30lb jack fish on 12 lb test green bean trilene. Took about 30-45 mins to do so, and was really sketchy in the dark, but managed to get him on my foga and it maxed it out. Jack fish = tackle tester.

Nice! The jack on light tackle is fun the first time or two, but I would rather not use up that time anymore

Comment

yeah, taking up all the time left in the evening to catch game fish.

Comment

Always fun catching big reds and jacks on top!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

where you on the island

Comment

great report. i had a jack on for about 5 seconds. he felt the hook, turned on the afterburner, and he was gone. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

yeah on the island.

Comment

Good report scum...them jacks sure will test ya!
                I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Working...
                X