9/28/11 Report- Sight Casting Reds/ Active Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/28/11 Report- Sight Casting Reds/ Active Flounder

Got to Seabrook around 4 and found Uber and Scumlord leaving the flats. Nothing there. So all three of us headed to our new spot we are exploring. It looks so fishy! The floor is made of shell and mud. Sonny decided to fish a different area while I trekked on through the mud in search of fish. I came upon some active mullet and tied on a chartreuse/ white spook junior. I started blind casting towards the shore and a few casts in...POW! A flounder pops it into the air and goes airborne trying to eat it. I've never seen a flounder do that before! I cast a few more times in the general area in hopes that I can get my first flounder on a topwater. The flounder didn't come back unfortunately. I walked a few more steps and saw bait fleeing from a V wake in the water. The tail came up briefly and I saw a spot. It was a red. I casted in front of it and did slowly gave 5 twitches, pause, and repeat. After the 4th time...Swoooosh. Red hits the spook, fish on! The red peels drag and goes off. I know that there are some sharp shells on the floor so I keep the pressure on the fish to stay up. The red didn't want to come in! Everytime I got within netting distance, the red would take off . Eventually I got the red in. It was FAT and went around 21+ inches. Kept that one. Uber came back after Scumlord went home. Uber had one good blowup but no hookup. We did a little more exploring and I witnessed another flounder popping bait up. Not too bad of a day! Pic to come since I gave it to Uber.
    Resident Ninja

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	555684
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice fish. Congratulations.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

great report. never seen a flounder hit a topwater. that was interesting. Lord Bless.
        robert
        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Nice report.
          I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

GO J, GO!!!!

I remember some time ago when you talked about school and work and something about not getting to fish as often as you would want to . Man, now your sight casting to reds, shooting videos and fishing all over the damn place .

Keep the reports coming!!!!

Comment

Great report
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Yepp jhu brhama has some picsof flounders I have caught on topwater,he aslo has some stories of me catching flounder.when thanksgivin gets here I will take u to some spots wher I have put clinics on lol good report
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                  Yepp jhu brhama has some picsof flounders I have caught on topwater,he aslo has some stories of me catching flounder.when thanksgivin gets here I will take u to some spots wher I have put clinics on lol good report
                  Deano knows flounder!!!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Post him the flounder with the red head,or the skeleton flounder

Comment

sweet!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I wanna be there for that one!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                          I wanna be there for that one!
                          You got it but I charge to go in your boat lol

Comment

You got it but I charge to go in your boat lol
                            LOL! Joke's on you: I don't have a boat!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Had one come flying up snf out of the water one day right n front of barham,he just said fkkn deano

Comment

Working...
                              X