geotubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geotubes

A buddy and I have been wading some of the geotubes on the island lately and have had them producing specks even on tough days. We still have yet to see a redfish back in the marsh even though it looks like a perfect place for them to be. Lots of bait, grass in the water, marsh, crabs, it just doesnt make sense. Any one got any thoughts?

Oh they are there! You would be surprised how easy they can hide.

Comment

Originally posted by dPop View Post
      Oh they are there! You would be surprised how easy they can hide.
      x2 They are always out there! Just gotta find them. In my experience, when they aren't all prowling around the grass looking for food, they are all clustered in one place.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Ok, well we have always fished the incoming tides and stuck to the tubes once we waded on to the island they extend from. So they get all the way back up in those marshes? kinda to the east and north east of the tubes?

Comment

From everything I read hear you'd be best to fish it on an outgoing tide and yes, from the reports I've seen they do catch them back up in the marshes. Here ya go:

I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Ok cool, ill check those out this week. I was fishin the ones on settegast. but ill check these out. Thanks a lot!

Comment

That area is not fun to wade. It's some thick stuff I remember sinking pretty good lol
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

yea, thats why we got on the tubes. it just sucked wading through the marsh. It was to shallow for the yaks, but the mud is like knee deep every step.

Comment

Originally posted by flandy View Post
                  yea, thats why we got on the tubes. it just sucked wading through the marsh. It was to shallow for the yaks, but the mud is like knee deep every step.
                  Yeah, here's what happens when you step out on the wrong flat...

Click image for larger version

Name:	blake.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	555698

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                    Yeah, here's what happens when you step out on the wrong flat...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15954[/ATTACH]
                    Ha ha ha ha too funny!!!!!

I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

That is amazing picture!

Comment

Port Neches mud flats!

Comment

Coe: Is he still there, waiting for help? (By now just bleached bones picked clean by buzzards).
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I've absolutely spanked them at a certain geotube always on outgoing tides, fishing the marsh drains. Mainly in the spring time though for reds, as of that time up til the last time I fished there which was mid summer nothing but specs out far. But those specs were hitting mid day top waters and fat boys. Flatties always on the bulkheads.

Comment

What geo tubes yall talking about ?
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X