More Afternoon Sight Casting 10/5/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Afternoon Sight Casting 10/5/11

Walked in at 4ish and met up with Sisco Kid to show him around. We were working an area where I have done all right in the afternoon for reds. Today, the winds were howling though. I was afraid that I couldn't find any fish for him! We worked the shoreline with spooks. Sisco threw his entire arsenal to try and get fish to strike. We continued on and got to the flats. I moved on ahead looking for signs of prowling redfish while Sisco methodically worked the grass line. I came to the drop off and finally had some signs of life with tightly clustered bait fish. I saw some nervous mullet and kinda waited there, looking for a sign. The baitfish scattered and there it was! The tail came up and I got my chartreuse/ white spook and tossed it. Unfortuantely, the wind picked up and carried the spook to right on top of the red and spooked it. Moving on. About 40 yds away I saw another school scatter and I worked my way towards that. Again, I waited and the red showed itself. I tossed my spook a good 10yds in front of the fish and made a lot of noise with the spook. POW! Fish on! Drag sounding and another sight casted red. The red pushed 20, if not a little over. Ended up letting him go. Sisco had a rat red on a soft plastic while working the shore line but he was a good ways away. I saw more bait being chased so I went back and got him. We keyed in on nervous bait and he picked up a 5# red. We both had another blow-up but no hookup. By 7, it was way too dark to see and we called it a day.
    Resident Ninja

By the way i'm jealous of Sisco's schedule. :P Great guy to fish with if you get the chance!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Hello check your voice mail!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Hello check your voice mail!
        Nuthin!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

You got a new number cuz i left you a message about fishin this afternoon but it's all good.Are the last four digits 4570 on your number if not pm me your number.I here your the cameraman sunday on Rays WWF.I should have wen't with them tonite in the yaks they all limited out in flounder.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Lol I actually just got it! And yep i'm playin cameraman on Sunday.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Had a good time, not to many but their are times you just have to Grind it out, good meeting you Jhua, look forward to fishing with you and the rest of WEA, later heading to San Antonio see my Baby Girls Volley ball game.

Comment

Wtg fellas
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report. Thanks.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X