Close Quarters Fishing- 10/7/11 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Quarters Fishing- 10/7/11 Report

Walked in at 3ish today since I work half days on Friday. Winds were even worse than a few days ago. The water was white capping a bit, but still clear and extremely high. Sisco Kid was out there for a bit but had to leave early. I worked my way down the shoreline. There was absolutely zero bait movement. I worked my way into a marsh drain that is usually dry, but with the high waters, it was filled pretty far back. The bait was all up in here. I worked a spook in channels that were 4-7 feet in width. It was difficult because the wind carried my spook away from where I wanted it to land. I was trying to do a lot of precision casts but was failing miserably. I ended up spooking 5 reds. A few I could see their tails, but they were in very difficult positions. I managed to get one to eat my spook but, he came off before I could see him. I ended the day with One red at 27 inches though. A great fish for the tournament!
    Resident Ninja

thanks for the report. im heading out tomorrow. wind isnt supposed to die down at all but hopefully the clarity will keep up

Comment

Thats the way to GRRRRind it out, congrats.

Comment

Nice catch man!

Comment

It's a whole different ball game in the marshes. Something that i'm not used to yet!
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Thats how you grind it out... Good job
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
            X