10/14/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/14/11

Went for another trip this time evening from 5-6:45 pm close to home to see what I could scrounge up. If you couldn't tell from last report walked in with my iphone last time - needless to say finally got a phone working so now I can take pictures again...feel like without a phone can't survive anymore felt isolated from the world! lol

Water was really mudded up and choppy looks like we had some south east winds today. I saw some bait jumping so I decided to go out and give it a whirl.

Threw the spook in chrome blue with the sun still out but nada. Made about 15-20 casts in all directions of the bait and nothing. Decided to switch to the bone spook and bingo that was the ticket. Caught 3 trout on the big spook and 2 on corky fat boys. 2 of the trout off the big spook were 19 and 20 inches respectively and fat so kept them for the greaser. Released the other smaller ones to fight another day.

Pattern was the same as yesterday all fish caught on single mullet jumping.

And of course the day wouldn't be complete with out catchin 2 gafftop on corkies....they fight like a champ...gafftop on. MMmmm gafftop stew mouth waterin just thinkin bout it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishpictures1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	570422
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Wtg....thanks!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good job Sonny.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

sweet!
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Great job. Your comment about the single mullet is a good one. I was paddling yesterday morning and after the first two hours passed without a bite a single diving bird put me on a limit of reds. Good job keeping a weather eye open.
          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Way to go Sonny! Looking forward to that trip together. You going to the weigh-in at Sea Isle today? If so, Look for me. I'll be the real handsome guy with the supermodels hanging off him.
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
              Way to go Sonny! Looking forward to that trip together. You going to the weigh-in at Sea Isle today? If so, Look for me. I'll be the real handsome guy with the supermodels hanging off him.
              Ha ha word!!! I might go down there just to hang out and meet some of the guys...Think I will! What time are you heading to sea isle? I might fish west bay after we're done just sayin!! And of course anyone at the weigh-in can feel free to come - spot I'm going to is like 5-10 minutes away from sea isle. Found it when we stayed in a beach house in sea isle. Such a drive to get out there from La Porte that I usually fish local!!
              I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Good job.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                X