10-20-11 too cold for shorts + new iphone 4s video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-20-11 too cold for shorts + new iphone 4s video

Went out for a (quick) wade and wanted to test out the new iphone 4s 32gb's video quality. Thought I could tough it out with some shorts and a t-shirt felt awesome outside but today was the first day I just couldn't keep going. Doesn't help that I have a cold right now so I'm probably feeling colder than I really am lol. Fished for maybe an hour from 3-4 pm.

Area: Upper G-bay (not hard to figure it out)
    Clarity: 2-3 ft.
    Wind: 5-12 mph variable
    Weather: Sunny and clear

Decided to check my back-up spot today and bait was flying around everywhere so decided to give it a whirl. Conditions were sunny and good water clarity. Decided I'd start out with the chrome blue spook and take it from there.

As I'm wading out shin high saw bait getting busted everywhere so casted into pods of mullet with medium standard retrieves for 5 or 10 casts nothing. Tried slowing it way down and pausing and nothing. Last ditch effort before I put the spook up I decided to just work it as fast as possible on top and that was the ticket.

Felt a thud and ripping drag with the trout jumping out of the water racing away from me shaking it's head with my chrome blue super spook in it's mouth like a damn tarpon. Was hoping it was trophy sized and it sure felt heavy compared to all the trout in the summer time I've had on tops.

Got it up close to me and it finally gave up. Ended up being 26" on the dot. Had my iphone on me and decided to catch and release today. The video doesn't do it justice, in person it was fat as hell.

Ended the day with 3 others along with it. Have a freezer full of fish so decided to honor the fish gods and catch and release today. All trout were over 20" caught on the chrome/blue spook in the day on lightning fast retrieves. Wanted to throw the corky and also try out the new corky devil I bought today but there was no need.

Fall is here.

PS - Check the 1080p video quality out on the iphone, just click the video twice should open new window on youtube and select the 360p scroll up to 1080p...not bad at all!!

Last edited by ubermensch1324; October 20, 2011, 06:50 PM.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Cool video Sonny! Wish I had one of them new-fangled phones!
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

One more thing....Who's the girl with the "12" on her T-shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
        One more thing....Who's the girl with the "12" on her T-shirt?
        Ha ha ha ha....might have to bring back the Jennifer Lopez avatar...I think people are gonna get tired of lookin at me REAL fast lol
        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Nice fish there. Havent caught one that big in a while. Cool to get it on video!!
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Man, I caught a mess of trout and reds today. You fishing tomorrow? Also....... is that Brady from New England (that little town in north Texas?) Send me a PM.

Comment

That iphone is going to fall in the drink.

Comment

Originally posted by scumLORD View Post
                Isn't that what happened with your last phone? Anywho, nice fish!
                Resident Ninja

Comment

very nice fish. great job. Lord Bless.
                  robert
                  And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

You go were i suggested?Nice CPR on trout.
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                      You go were i suggested?Nice CPR on trout.
                      Negatory. I'll txt you.

Comment

Originally posted by scumLORD View Post
                        Ha ha word...that's why I got the $100 insurance plan...in case it falls in the water I'm covered!

Comment

Very nice!
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice video. Glad you found the fish. Hope you feel better.
                            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice video Bro

Comment

Working...
                              X