Walk in wade Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk in wade Thursday

Looking to do a walk in wade on Thursday. I havent selected a spot yet but based on projected tides and wind direction I am probably looking at doing something near West Bay. Posting this thread on here to see if anyone else is planning on wading Thursday and would like some company. i am new to the area so my " spot selection " may not be the best but, I will be working diligently today and tomorrow at analyzing Hook n Line wade maps to select a good spot based on conditions.

You go yesterday?

Comment

Yeah we headed out to East Bay but we were cold...LOL so we called it an early day and went to Twin Peaks for some 29 degree draft beer.
      The north shore wasnt too bad. Wind was blowing but casting with braid was easy. We stayed out for a few hours. There was a lot of birds working. My buddy caught an 18 inch red. We had a few hits on gulp but, with the temperature, it wasn't enough to keep us out there.

Comment

Scuba did you say in a previous post that you were a Florida transfer..what part of Florida are you from?

Comment

Most recently lived in jacksonville but, I'm from lakeland and I also lived in gainesville.
          Originally posted by ryno1975 View Post
          Scuba did you say in a previous post that you were a Florida transfer..what part of Florida are you from?

Comment

Cool...I am from the Cocoa/Cocoa Beach area...grew up right across from Kennedy Space Center...I lived in Gainesville 97-99. Small world. I wish I would have fished more when I lived in Florida...I surf fished there mainly. I missed out on alot of big redfish and trout. I am trying to make up for it here in Texas lol

Comment

You can definitely make up for it here. I think the fish here definitely bigger. I grew up fishing Tampa Bay, Chasowiska, and Homasassa. Fished Jax a while and fished the Keys a good bit of times.

Comment

I use to live in the Tampon/St Pete area....opps i mean tampa. The fishing was great down there. Use to go to the skyway bridge and catch grouper. Let me know where you are going to go wading if you want some company. I am ready for some good action.

Comment

Sent you a PM. I am probably gonna be out there tomorrow. Looking at Morgans or Lagoon probably

Comment

I have heard alot about flounder stacking up around the texas city dike. I was thinking about trying that spot.

Comment

Can you walk in to wade at the Dike?

Comment

You can walk in to wade on the north side of the dike. I thought about trying out there either thursday morning or saturday morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X