No luck today, ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck today, ideas?

I don't get out much so when I do and it's poor, I try to figire out why. I waded Christmas bay amd also SLP. I worked the bay and the grass lines. Even found a grass bed that I thought would pan out. I Used live shrimp under a popping cork, on the bottom, double drops, penny gulps on the bottom and under the cork, charteuse curly tale in the same way, spooks, she dog and top dogs in all sorts of colors. I caught a pig perch and small sheepshead. Nothing else.

Wind was 15kts or so out of the southeast. Can this alone cause fish to turn off? I just haven't had any decent luck here amd cant figure it out.

I understand your pain. I've gone out and done "everything right" and never had a bite. It's not any fun. Some days you win and some days you lose. The more you learn and try the better it will get. The wind alone shouldn't have been enough to turn it off. Keep trying and suddenly something will work and you'll note it and the next time you'll remember.
    Keep at it.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The last few nights have been a full moon. Because of that, fish feed heavily during the night and don't really do much during the day. That being said, the fish will still feed under the right circumstances. How much bait (mullet, shad, shrimp) did you see? With conditions like you are fishing, no bait in sight is usually pretty bad. How about water clarity? Clear water situations (like around Christmas Bay) usually needs different tactics; namely long casts.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

this time of year is a pain in the arse !! keep grinding and paying attention to the water , i keep a log book and record every time, temp, bait, water clarity so on and so on every time i stop and fish , after two years it has paid off big time , keep at it !!!
        I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

We got skunked yesterday. Also saw no bait except one shoreline. Hardly any mullet jumping either. Forgot about the moon it makes a difference!

Comment

That's a fantastic idea. I'm going to do exactly that. Water clarity I'm not sure of, I don't have a gauge really. I'm not sure what normal is but I wouldn't say it was dirty by any stretch. I'm going to log trips and see what I find over time. My worst day fishing is still a day fishing so I'm not really that bummed out.

Thanks y'all.

Comment

Working...
            X