Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Question

Howdy all,

I have a question for you salty anglers. After getting skunked in the surf the Saturday before last (which was heartbreaking seeing as how the weather and bite were perfect all week until that morning), I'm trying to learn more about predicting water clarity before committing to heading down there.

I'm looking at the surf cams right now and it looks pretty filthy. I'm looking at the wind right now for today, tomorrow, and Saturday (according to Swellinfo.com):

Today: 12-14 mph SSE wind
    Tomorrow: 3-5 mph NNE wind
    Saturday morning: SSW wind at 5 mph

My question is, isn't it the SSE wind that, if it's blowing stiff, make the surf the dirtiest? That being the case, if it's supposed to die down and change direction by tomorrow, how long does it typically take to clear up? Meaning, that since the wind is supposed to change direction and die down tomorrow, does it take longer than a day to clean up?

Is my logic flawed with the SSE wind? Thanks fellas...I'm a novice for all intents and purposes and I'm trying to "up my game" on reading conditions.

Gonna be rough tomorrow but shows a little better Saturday. The choppy conditions will make the surf dirty whether the wind is blowing or not. It will take longer than the little window that is showing for the clarity to get to where fishermen like it. The fish are gonna eat regardless. If they are there, they are gonna eat sooner or later but Anything over 1 ft swells is too rough for me.
    Wait until it is showing less than 1ft for 2 consecutive days and the clarity will be nice.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Some good advice above.
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
      X