Newbie to Wade Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to Wade Fishing

I have been wadding about 8 times around San Leon, Wolf Park and near San Louis Pass. I usually use lures including johnson spoons,Rattle L traps, and plastics, but have started using shrimp under popping cork due to not catching anything worth while. I have only caught a hand full of croakers, a couple catfish, and 2 flounder that were keepers. I bought the hook and line - wading and kayaking map for west Galveston, but still haven't had any real luck. I know that there are fish to be caught. I'm really into fishing, but its been very difficult not catching anything.

Does anyone have any advice about good wading spots for a beginner? I willing to split the gas if anyone has room for an recent grad on their boat. Thanks in advance for all the help.

The main thing you have to have is a moving tide, & you have to know the tide difference of where you are fishing at? Spoons, plastics, White or bone colored Super spooks have been working good! With live bait you will catch everything, Mainly Bait Stealers! Thats why I only use soft plastics. The glow ones have been working pretty good. Good Luck.

Comment

I always key on structure and bottom differences and bait. Such as grass beds oysters potholes channels ditches. I throw alot of arties but i do also use the forbidden live bait lol jk. Tide movement helps some but its not something i key on too much . Its just a grind buddy sometimes the lil changes help alot such as retrieve speeds depth ur fishing. My best advice is that just go grind it out till u see wat and how they like wat ur throwin.

Comment

. gotta go on a good tide. more movement the better. also look for suddon depth changes anything from like a 2.5ft to a 5 foot drop is pretty good wholes for fish. ive had a little luck on mirror orre little johns at wolf park. i heard lighter jig heads the better its all about presentation
        "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Finding the right presentation is part of it along with tide movement. I talked to a guy that fished an area & asked me for another spot to fish, I told him they are there as I caught 12 trout there the weekend before, I told him the only way they would hit it is with a 1/4 oz jig head worked with slow hop on the bottom, he went the next weekend & fished like I told him & caught 3 trout & 1 flounder.
          Today is a new day!!

Comment

Timing is everything. You are in some good areas already. Just keep at it.
            Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Its not just where you fish its how......from a walk in guy to another....sometimes you gotta just keep your head down and grind it out. With me I just try to remember its fishing and not always catching.

Comment

Originally posted by walkinwader View Post
                its not just where you fish its how......from a walk in guy to another....sometimes you gotta just keep your head down and grind it out. With me i just try to remember its fishing and not always catching.
                yessir exactly

Comment

Working...
                X