Fall Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Fishing

The fishing is starting to heat up as the weather cools off and the winds switch away from the steady SW we had all summer. If the fishing continues like the past three weeks, we should have some awesome fishing this up-coming fall and winter. Three weeks ago, Hogie, Aaron and I had 20 trout to 25". Fishing the edge of a sandy drop-off, we had a few blow-ups but most came on soft plastics. Last week, Hogie, Alex and I started of fishing some shell pads, and we just caught a few here and there on plastics. Move off to a mud/grass bottom and found some small trout, 16-20" against a windward shoreline. Ended the day with 17 keeper trout. Yesterday the three of us went back to the same shoreline, but only picked up a few dinks. We ended up jumping around a few reefs and caught a few at each one on plastics. Seemed like the fish were there, just had a bit of lock-jaw. Ended up the day fishing a grass flat for reds and caught seven, with two keepers on weedless spoons and topwaters. It was cool to watch the reds chase down Hogies topwaters. The day ended with 10 trout to 4lbs and two reds. Most of the fish were fat with mullet and they should only get fatter in the up-coming months. I just got a camera, so I'll be posted pics in the future.

Good read Steve...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

great post im red eye!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Good report Steve, it will only get better.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Great report.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Fall Fishing

Excellent read.., thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The big girls are coming to play

Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	557908
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

NICE WORK HOGIE ! ...... Me and FishinAddiction were salivating at the pic this morning ....
                "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

jeez keith. you're always putting it on them fat ladies lol. way to go guys.

Comment

Sweet fellas. I cannot wait to get back out there.
                    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                    X