Wed 1/24/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 1/24/13

Went out yesterday on the ski. Started out slow. On the third drift I had a nice thud, followed by some drag pulling. Got her close to the ski and judging by the size of the trout I caught a little later she was 28+". She popped off about 10 feet from the ski though. Guess it works out better for the quick release. Made another drift and a half in that spot without another bump so I moved. Went to spot two and set up for a nice long drift where the end of it is the best spot. Tied on a topwater to start the drift but with no luck switched back to the floating fatboy. Was about 3/4 of the way through the drift when I hear a loud boat rounding the corner about a mile away. It was a dark colored(black or dark green) SCB throwing up a nice rooster tail, and it's coming my way down the shoreline I was drifting towards. When it gets a couple hundred yards away from me I get another thud. Fish on....The boat stops and watches me catch and string a solid 25" red. They then drop the trolling motor and begin drifting right towards my drift and are barely ouf of casting distance from me. I bite my tongue for a minute hoping they will fire up the trolling motor but they don't. I finally say something and the guy says he didn't cut off my drift, lol. I had to fire up the ski twice to avoid drifting in to them. The second time they had actually dropped their power pole and were fishing the area I was heading towards. I scoot over some and put in my stake out stick. About 5 casts later I get another thud while I am on my cell telling my buddy where I am so he can meet me. I told him it was another redfish. Turns out it was a solid trout but she inhaled the fat boy becuase I could not get a good hookset on the phone. Anwyway she was bleeding pretty bad and missing some internal organs so I strung her(26.5# 6.5#). My buddy shows up in his boat and the guy in the SCB appologizes saying he didn't realize a jetski would drift different than a big boat. At least he said he was sorry so I feel better. Anyway I ran around quite a bit after that and ended up with a red right at the 28" mark to top off the ay. Can't wait to hit it again on Sunday!

Re: Wed 1/24/13

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files

Comment

nice but why is this in the wade fishing forum? you didn't wade fish.

Comment

Nice trout. My tongue is almost severed from drifting west bay this winter.

Comment

Nice fish. Maybe jetskis just drift different!
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Great catch!!
            "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
              nice but why is this in the wade fishing forum? you didn't wade fish.
              I am used to posting it here. Had the waders in the front box and planned on wading but didn't need to. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                Nice fish. Maybe jetskis just drift different!
                I am sure that is true but he still started way too close. If it hadn't been exactly the spot I wanted to fish I would have burned out of there. Made up for it by catching the trout right in front of them!

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                  I am sure that is true but he still started way too close. If it hadn't been exactly the spot I wanted to fish I would have burned out of there. Made up for it by catching the trout right in front of them!
                  Getting even is the best reward!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

See my jetski i am selling for 200 $ can do this! Someone come buy it please! All it needs is a coil!
                    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Nice fish jay ray me.
                      Scott
                      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

them SCB sumb1tches sure are some pot lickin nancy's for having a boat that can go 80 mph and get anywhere to catch fish. You must have been in some top secret clear lake/sea brook/dickinson/san leon hole. I would have done doughnuts around them while mooning them in my scooter. that's just how I roll.

Comment

Working...
                        X