New Rod for Wade fishing the Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rod for Wade fishing the Surf

Okay fella's...Im done with All Star Rods...the best rod in tx was the All Star Emeralds made in Houston ..but the knock offs from china suck...

So, Im looking for a 6'6 or a 7 footer - 8-17 # test line...not looking to buy a Laguna or anything like that...

What's a good one made now that will hold up to the salt and has a good warranty..?

waterloo is what my buddies like. I prefer temple forks but I modify the rods to meet my needs

Comment

New Rod for Wade fishing the Surf

Waterloo's are great and love my TFO. They're both made in Texas. I also like Castaways and American Rodsmiths. It all comes down to how much money you feel like spending. I've tried some very expensive rods and really liked them. Two of my favorites are my BillyStix. On the other hand, you don't have to spend a fortune. I still have and fish my first Castaway.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

H&H Backcountry -- Local made, great warranty - one of the best rods I've ever owned.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks guys,

I have seen and held the H&H at my local GanderMt...it is a nice rod

I wish AlL Star had continued in the direction they were going - The All Star Emerald Editions have lasted me 9 years - no problems with all 4 rods..But now they have a " platinum " rod - same features as the emeralds - just not the same quaility..

I will give Waterloo a look and H&H again...even thought about a Laguna, but it was just a thought...LOLL

Comment

Re: New Rod for Wade fishing the Surf

Marsh rat rods
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Don't forget Custom Coastal Rods & Shoal Patrol either. They're both Sponsors here.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

H&H HXS p843, my 4 are all 7 footers, but I think it comes in 6'6" too. All spooled with 30lb power pro...great all around rod for plastics, tops, and suspenders....I never pick anything else up anymore...and I've got the emerald edition all star you speak of in my garage with the tip broke off...my former favorite rod...this is the closest thing I've found to that action and it's lighter than the Emerald Edition All Star, split grip took a little gettting used to but won't fish without it now...

Comment

Thanks OR19....

I know my local GanderMt here in College Station carries H&H...I will give them another look.
                  As well as the ones Curmudgeon listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfreak View Post
                    Thanks OR19....

I know my local GanderMt here in College Station carries H&H...I will give them another look.
                    As well as the ones Curmudgeon listed.
                    Used to be a fishing sales rep at the College Station store until I went back to school full time. Gander no longer carries the H&H brand. I sold the last one from that store about a year ago.

Comment

Well thats just great Potlicker12....I guess its time for a road trip..lol

Comment

Working...
                      X