looking for that gaftop bite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for that gaftop bite...

went out looking for that star trophy gaftop bite and only found this by-catch....

If anyone has the low down on where the elusive gaftop are hiding, PM me so I can win that awesome blue wave.
    Attached Files

nice....lol
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Beautiful fish. I am sorry it was not the gaftop you were in search of.

If you are searching for the "Whiskered King" of the Texas Coast, you have to be rigged right. That little rod and lure are not going to cut it buddy. No matter where you are in the bay, you have to throw a surf rod for these brutes. Lures? Don't waste your time. Frozen dead shrimp in a small Parkay butter container work the best. I hope this helps and your dreams become reality.

Comment

one word: squid
        "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

looking for that gaftop bite...

Hit the piers. At the end the bite is good. Throw a surf rod with a 36 inch leader with a 11/0 cirlcle hook on the end and a weight in the middle. Bait up with squid or big shrimp.

Comment

Thats a damn shame!! Keep lookin', I'm sure you'll find them gaftops.

Comment

Originally posted by FishNette View Post
              one word: squid
              one word: KOOK.

Comment

I don't know where you were fishing but I caught atleast 15 today, Not By Choice

Comment

Originally posted by Sisco Kid View Post
                  I don't know where you were fishing but I caught atleast 15 today, Not By Choice
                  any big girls sisco?

Comment

Re: looking for that gaftop bite...

I found eel works the best for gaftops. Then hit the channels. How I catch the big gaftops

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Too bad that darned old carp didnt have one of those Star tags in it, You could have hung up your snot rocket catchin gear!
                      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Re: looking for that gaftop bite...

No Big Girls

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

A few years back a fishing buddy's dad won a boat and a couple of years later his son (fishing with his dad) won a $50K Scholarship catching Gafftops. Spoil banks along the ship channel on SQUID.

Comment

Those beautiful slimy specimens stand no chance when throwing a fatboy, all that live/dead bait nonsense is for the birds.

Comment

Working...
                            X