Week of June 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week of June 24

Hey fellas, work has granted me another trip back down to the area from Maryland. I figure to hit the same areas I did last trip end of April; Sportsman and Surf Side. I was successful catching and releasing a handful of Reds but the Specs eluded me. I'm looking to even the score. Anyone interested in hookin up for some drive in wade fishing after work one night?

I land this Sunday at 1. Hope to be on the water in West Bay Area Each evening thru Thursday.

I am considering making one trip down to Matagorda Bay for some wading... Worth the drive after work from Clear Lake?

At least one hour one way, from clear lake, depending on what time you get off...wouldn't know where to go, epecially walk in wade fishing..

Comment

Got out for a few hours this afternoon on the out going tide. Fished the grass line behind the airport and couldn't find a red or spec. Threw most of what I had with me, plastics with and without popping cork, mirrodines, and a new yozuri crystal shrimp. I was up tight to grass and out deeper, nothing. Put on a chartreuse gulp minnow grub and the flatties could not resist it. Picked up a handful of shorts to eliminate my skunk.

hope to be back at it after work tomorrow.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice job buddy. Ill give ya a shout this week. When you going back?
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I personally wouldn't go to Gorda unless you had a boat or a guide to show you where to walk in. I just don't know enough about it.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
            I personally wouldn't go to Gorda unless you had a boat or a guide to show you where to walk in. I just don't know enough about it.
            More or less need a 4wheel drive to walk in east bay.
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Better night tonight off 8Mile Rd. another out going tide that started slow. I was determined to find some plastics of mine that worked and finally the fire tiger 3" gulp shrimp was the ticket. Picked up 4 Reds, my first Texas spec (Albeit very tiny!) and some how a catfish wanted in on the action. Great night till the down pour chased me out of bay.

Finished with fish tacos at Jimmy's so not a bad night.

Thanks for input on Matagorda. I was hopin to visit it and cast a few jigs, but I'll wait on a half day charter opportunity when time allows.

Comment

Nice job! Go get 'em!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the report .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Went back wading off 8mile road again last night. Went way up north shoreline to try and get away from the access point. Didn't matter, still no reds or specs of any serious size. A bit frustrated I haven't gotten into a decent specs yet in all these nights either, just this one dink. Starting to think wading from walk in points is not all that effective down here. I've thrown a huge selection of plastic and lures but nothing seems effective except that fire tiger gulp shrimp. I've only fished an out going tide also, so possibly has a bit to do with it and surprisingly I haven't seen one other person wading which surprised me. I caught more croaker last night jigging off the hard bottom than I did anything else. I've saw a few fellas tailing close to the shoreline but didn't get the hookup.

so, tonight's my last go at it. Heading back down for one last night. Thinking of venturing down below Jamaica and finding a place to pop in bay side.

here's a few pics from my outing the other night.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	559859Click image for larger version

Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	559860Click image for larger version

Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	559861

Comment

That trout is a hand full. Hope u get some trout before going back. Lord Bless.
                      robert
                      And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                      X