Stringing fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stringing fish!

When you are stringing your fish while wading, which way do you string? 1.) enter first through the mouth and out the gills 2.)through gills and out mouth 3.) directly through lips 4.) or some other way?
    GET U SUM!!! SHONUFF!!!

in the mouth and out the gill
    FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

X2
      Originally posted by FP3 View Post
      in the mouth and out the gill
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

With trout, I actually go through the lips to keep their mouth closed. It seems to keep them alive, because if you hit their gills, they tend to die quicker.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I used to go through the lips but every once and awhile I will lose one.
          GET U SUM!!! SHONUFF!!!

Comment

Stringing fish!

I was cussed by a guide once for going through the gills.

Comment

I use a do-nut. To many war stories of sharks hitting fish stringers. The net settles the fish down. I used to use a stringer, but the flounders ran up the stringer and stated bumping my leg. To scary. I did put the stringer mouth first. I feel more confident now. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Stringing fish!

Sharks will still attack through the donut net.... I made a shark proof donut with a clothes basket, the net, and a pool noodle
                Karma's a beach.

Comment

Stringing fish!

It's even worse when they attack the donut bc the teeth get caught in it....
                  Karma's a beach.

Comment

through lip and skin hard part of mouth. flounder get harpooned by my big spike on my hookset stringer and string right through the middle of they're body.
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I have heard of the clothes basket before. Might have to try one. I get tired of seeing the fish upside down. I know that's not helping with keeping them alive.
                      GET U SUM!!! SHONUFF!!!

Comment

Yep, , through the lower then upper jaw . That way they can open and close their mouth to pass water thru the gills and stay alive . Never lost one . Thru the gill and they can't pass water well thru the gill . Piercing one jaw and they can't close well to pass water to the gills .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Go through the lower then upper lip. I've never had any trouble with fish dying on the stringer (other than smacks, which will die quickly on a stringer regardless) or with fish getting off the stringer.

Comment

Through Lower then upper lip, when I use the stringer. If conditions are not rough I use the do-net. couple of years back in Matagorda west bay they were forced to use the clothes-basket to guard the do-net because the sharks were so bad.

Comment

What kind of clothes basket do u use. How did u rig it. I'm interested in this. Is the basket heavy to carry around. Thanks in advance. Lord Bless.
                              Robert
                              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X