Belt or vest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt or vest?

Hey guys I've never done much wade fishing but the little i have done I'm always walkin back and forth to the shore for supplies/bait etc...any advice on belts, vests and just wading gear in general?

You need a wade belt for sure if you don't Have one . It has c rings to clip on your net , hook out , little pockets to slip in the stringer head, hook out . Wade box for lures . I like the over the shoulder ones . You can't drop it . I have a WADE AIDE belt that is like a ski belt to float you in an emergency , back support . Saved my bacon a couple times in the surf and SLP . Some tow a small barge with lure box , drink holder , etc . Stingray guards , polarized glasses . You can clip a bait bucket to a belt . A vest is bulky and hot .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

You forgot the hammock Doc.....depending on where you are wading dont forget your pfd. A belt for sure makes things easier to clip on. I also like my over the shoulder box as compared to wade box that comes on some belts....it usually falls off and your lures are always sitting in water.

Comment

If you're looking for something to hold gear, I'd get an over the shoulder box. There are a bunch of good ones available like Hookset, but you can also make your own.
        I do use a wading belt: an old Shimano belt that I don't think is available anymore. I'd recommend a belt with good back support. The next one I get will probably be a hookset as well. I always felt a vest would get in my way when rasting and working lures.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Just remember to never walk backwards.

Comment

X2. Don't go cheap on wading boots! I also got the over the shoulder tackle box from Grind IT (sponsor on the site), it rocks.
            Originally posted by plugger View Post
            You need a wade belt for sure if you don't Have one . It has c rings to clip on your net , hook out , little pockets to slip in the stringer head, hook out . Wade box for lures . I like the over the shoulder ones . You can't drop it . I have a WADE AIDE belt that is like a ski belt to float you in an emergency , back support . Saved my bacon a couple times in the surf and SLP . Some tow a small barge with lure box , drink holder , etc . Stingray guards , polarized glasses . You can clip a bait bucket to a belt . A vest is bulky and hot .
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
              X2. Don't go cheap on wading boots!
              I got jealous of your ray guards when we fished together a month ago…just bought a pair of the ray guards that are detached from the boot…havent tried em yet though.

What I have that I haven't seen mentioned is I do enjoy having a rod holder on my belt. I don't have to hold it in my armpit when changing lures. I also use a box and keep pliers around my neck.
              sigpic

Comment

I was disappointed when HOOKSET stopped making over the shoulder boxes with the added small box riveted to the lid of the lure box . I'd put my soft plastics and jig heads in it . I was going to buy an extra one at the fishing show but they said no longer making those . I'll have to make my own when this one wears out .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hard plastic coin purse for jig heads. Ziplock bag for soft plastics. Pliers on belt. Stringer hooked through pliers sheath. Ray guard boots. Snickers bar.

JYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

I'm telling ya , you ought to google WADE AIDE and check it out . Has 2 rod holders and a zippered pouch ( extra ) that clips to a C ring that will hold pliers , lip balm , etc .....rolled up hammock . And it's a flotation device. You order it online .

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
                      Hard plastic coin purse for jig heads. Ziplock bag for soft plastics. Pliers on belt. Stringer hooked through pliers sheath. Ray guard boots. Snickers bar.

JYC

and POCKET SHOTS in every pocket !!

Comment

I got a shoulder belt by Magelin @ Academy,28.00 bones works well!
                        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post

JYC

Where do you carry the 6 top waters and 2 corkys??
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys! The only wading I've ever really done was on the gulf shoreline by SLP....just had a pair of board shorts on, rod/reel and a pocket full of shrimp to keep from having to walk back and forth to the truck for bait (I just started using lures). Of course it didnt take long to realize that walkin around in the gulf with a pocket full of shark bait wasnt one of my best ideas....so here i am!

Comment

H.Majer mentioned to never walk backwards...that some sort of rookie joke or is there something actually to that?

Comment

Working...
                              X